This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Home Controlinc Problem with Links

Hello, i have been trying to add my Smarthome controlinc to home seer but the old links still work, When i hit button 1 it still turns on and off my old master bedroom light even though i didn't do anything but add the controlinc device,
    I removed the controlinc from the plug in and did a factory reset which clears the device links to all the buttons but as soon as i add the controlinc to homeseer the buttons start controlling the old devices again so i was thinking it may be a linking problem in the PLM

My SmartHome Controlinc is # 09.C9.2C, i attached pics show the info with it removed from homeseer :

pic#1 2F.40.54 is the old device MasterBedroom LED Bulb that is still being controlled by button 1 on the Samrthome Controlinc
    pic#2 If i click on the device above it shows 5 Device links and 3 of them are not registered, 2F.B4.3F which is not on my device list so im not sure why they are their but the 09.C9.2C is the old controlinc that is not connected
    Pic#3 is unregistered devices found and the 2F.B4.3F seems to be most of them but the 3 09.C9.2C are devices i had linked to the controlinc originally, I dont know what device 2F.B4.3F is/was but what can i do to clear this and also clear the links to the old controlinc so when i added it back it wont control the old devices. I am not familiar with links but before i went and started deleting some i wanted to ask to avoid problems
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ocyberbum; November 20, 2018, 11:14 PM. Reason: pics

you need to delete the links in the devices that are still being controlled. these links will still have the controlinc insteon id.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok, I deleted those for that controlinc and made sure i factory reset the other 2 before adding them, for the life of me i dont know what 2F.40.54 is.. Could that be my old ISY

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
        Ok, I deleted those for that controlinc and made sure i factory reset the other 2 before adding them, for the life of me i dont know what 2F.40.54 is.. Could that be my old ISY

yes, not the isy, but maybe a previous plm
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

hmm that is a good possibility since they seem to be link to almost all my devices, Should i go ahead and delete them? It looks like they are not needed

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post
            hmm that is a good possibility since they seem to be link to almost all my devices, Should i go ahead and delete them? It looks like they are not needed
            yes, you may delete them.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X