This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad state after erase/reprogramming

So I reprogrammed a KPL (I1 - old) and it resulted in the following.. Why bad link entry? Any ideas?

Link #1 Button A/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #2 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #3 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #4 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #5 Button E has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #6 Button F has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #7 Button G has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #8 Button H has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #10 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #17 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
    Link #9 Button A/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
    Link #11 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #18 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level : On
    Link #12 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #19 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level : On
    Link #13 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #20 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level : On
    Link #14 Button E is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #21 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level : On
    Link #15 Button F is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #22 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level : On
    Link #16 Button G is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #23 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level : On
    Link #17 Button H is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #24 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level : On
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

I have performed a factory reset and reprogrammed for HomeSeer and they come back.. Weird thing is that this sort of a thing happens now on more than one KPL.

I've also erased them and then reprogrammed for HomeSeer, and they come back.

Btw, they appear to be created as part of the "program for HomeSeer" process. But not 100% sure.

Not sure if this helps understand what is going on:

You have 68 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 1 group(s).
    These devices and groups currently consume 159 link database entries in your interface.*
    You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

There are no unregistered Insteon addresses in the network.

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I see that others have had this issue as well. So, I'll try to go through this via some of the things that have helped others.

Solved?

So, I removed (from the plugin without erasing) and re-added another one of the KPL's that was having the same "bad link entry" issue and now they all appeared to be fine.

Comment

i1 KPLs required these extra links in order for hs/plm to turn on/off the btns. they are created during the plugin program process. not sure why they came up as Bad after a clean add to the plugin. It usually means the plm group reference isn't saved in the [device x] section of the insteon.ini

click the 'display interface databse links' to refresh the following:

You have 68 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 1 group(s).
        These devices and groups currently consume 159 link database entries in your interface.*
        You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X