This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 button keypad ---> 8 Button with kit

I have a 6 button keypad link. Found out I hate the 6 button format and want to change it to 8 buttons. I installed the change kit, and reset per instructions to turn it into an 8 button. I excluded all links killed. When added back, it's still a 6 button switch. The system won't seem to forget the 6 buttons. I hope there is a solution, I have a new 6 button that i want to convert to 8 before I install. I also tried a factory reset on the switch before adding back.

Had something similar with Google integration. I named a lite "Torchlight" and used that where you put an alias. I had to change out the lamp module. But either google or homeseer save the name. While I can name another module "Tourchlight", it doesn't work on google. I had to rename it to torchlight 2. I know this goes in the general area, just seems similar in that someone just cannot let go.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

P.S. I owe Mark a thank you for helping on linking kpd switchs direct to the modules. Works great!

do the following:
    delete the kpl from the plugin
    factory reset the kpl
    change the kpl to an 8 btn config using the manual method outlined in users manual
    register the kpl with the plugin
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

That's exactly what I did, step by step. Tried it 3 times. Seems like a config somewhere isn't getting cleared. ". I'd love to know if the device is still reporting 6 or is it 8.

THanks

Comment

I have an insteon hub that I have never used. Would it make sense to try and use that to see what the switch is reporting. I understand this is a wild idea.

Comment

If the kpl acts like a 8 btn after the manual config and the plugin recognizes and programs it as as 8 btn then that is what it reports
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Blinder View Post
            I have an insteon hub that I have never used. Would it make sense to try and use that to see what the switch is reporting. I understand this is a wild idea.
            You can try the hub. Can't hurt but you will to get he insteon app running first
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry, i wasn't clear. No matter what I do, the switch is recognized as a 6 not 8 button.
              I don't really want to experiment with the hub. If I can't get this one to work, I purchased 2 more, they are $30 for almond and $1 for the white change kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blinder View Post
                Sorry, i wasn't clear. No matter what I do, the switch is recognized as a 6 not 8 button.
                I don't really want to experiment with the hub. If I can't get this one to work, I purchased 2 more, they are $30 for almond and $1 for the white change kit.
                will the manual process change the kpl from 6 to 8 btn?

also, did you try registering the device with the plugin and then using the plugin to change it to an 8 btn? you will need to delete the links and then reprogram the device to get al the new links.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

How do you put up with dorks like me? I found the number of buttons drop down. Swear I looked for it. :-(

Works Great!

Thanks so much for a great plugin and prompt response.

Comment

No worries. Did you get all 8 hs devices
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

yes all 8 buttons work! thanks so much. the keypadlink is what swayed me to insteon. it's unique.

Comment

Working...
                      X