Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion sensor II linked to plug. How fast?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensor II linked to plug. How fast?

my only experience is with x10 -> HS -> lamp. So slow as to be unusable. How fast is the sensor? how far across a room before detection? How long from detection to light on? Thanks? I have many light modules but no motion sensors yet. deciding if i should purchase.

I personally use zwave motion sensors. I don't however use insteon, I useuse zwave and hue lighting. All the Zwave motion sensors have configurations for sensitivity and number of detections to trigger motion. This allows me to cater the motion sensors so they trigger of people and not my cats. However the time taken to trigger is pretty much immediate when entering a room. I don't know if insteon introduces any lag? But for the technologies I use is responsive.

The only issue you will have after that is figuring out when to turn the lights off with no motion. As people tend to sit very still when watching TV. So you have to have other metrics in addition to motion to determine if the room is no longer in use.

Comment

Insteon motions linked to a switch will cut on the light immediately on motion

there is is a motion sensor Ii thread here with details of the settings
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
      X