X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer button ignoring group assigned On Level

Hi,

I have a couple older KeypadLinc V2 dimmers that seem to be misbehaving. I have a group created where a few buttons on each of the keypads are set to go off when I turn the group on. This works correctly for the Load button(s) on these keypads, but not the other buttons. With non-load buttons, they turn on when I turn the group on, and off when I turn the group off. With the load buttons, they correctly turn off no matter if I turn the group on or off. What could be going on with the non-load buttons?

Keypad 1
    - FW: 2C
    - Protocol: i1
    - Address: 05.xx.xx
    - 8 button configuration

Keypad 2
    - FW: 29
    - Protocol: i1
    - Address: 04.xx.xx
    - 6 button configuration

I just completed a manual reset of one of them, and then a reprogram via the plugin. It still does the same thing.

Could this just be the way these earlier keypads work? Or is there something in the plugin creating links differently for some reason?

Thanks for any advice.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

I have always had to set any groups I have to off to turn off the keypad (except for load) buttons.

Comment

That's a little comforting, however, the keypads that I have purchased within the past 4 years do not operate this way. I have a number of All Off type groups where all members are set to Off, and I have historically sent On commands for these. All buttons, load or not, turn off or stay off as expected with my newer keypads.

Are your keypads all the older "V2" type?

I recently made some changes to what some of the buttons do on those 2 older keypads which is why I'm just noticing this now.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Mike,
        i don't have any working i1 KPLs to test. This is be more of a fw ver issue than a hardware ver issue.

Try a simple test from a switchlinc to a non-load button. create a link to the the non-load button so it goes Off when the switchlinc goes On
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Does it make a difference if I create this link manually at the devices or via the plugin? If manually at the device is necessary, do you recall the steps?

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
            Thanks for the reply. Does it make a difference if I create this link manually at the devices or via the plugin? If manually at the device is necessary, do you recall the steps?
            you can create the link via the plugin
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I finally performed this test. The non-load button acts the same with the switch link as it does with the group link. Even though the on-level in the link was specified as Off, the button turns on when the switch is turned on, and off when the switch is turned off.

Shall I conclude that this is just the way these older KPLs work? Do you happen to know when they changed this behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                I finally performed this test. The non-load button acts the same with the switch link as it does with the group link. Even though the on-level in the link was specified as Off, the button turns on when the switch is turned on, and off when the switch is turned off.

Shall I conclude that this is just the way these older KPLs work? Do you happen to know when they changed this behavior?
                i think this is the way the older i1 devices worked. I'm not sure when they changed the functionality, but my guess is when the i2 versions
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

i think this is the way the older i1 devices worked. I'm not sure when they changed the functionality, but my guess is when the i2 versions
                  Probably so. I never checked it with any newer keypadlincs. The work around works for me, so no need.

Comment

Makes sense. Thank you both for the info

Comment

Working...
                    X