Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Migrating old Homeseer to Linux HomeTroller (Linux)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating old Homeseer to Linux HomeTroller (Linux)

Mark, I've got a old PC running Homeseer that I haven't changed for years. The motherboard is going. I'm wanting to move to one of the Hometrollers based on the Raspberry PI. I've been using your Insteon Plugin (PC is down so I don't know the version) from years ago... its just worked. I've looked at the message board and I don't see any tips to moving / migrating from a Windows based Insteon plugin to the new software based on Linux.

I know, I'll need to buy new version of Homeseer and the plugin's...

The plugin works on the Raspberry PI right? Okay with the Homeseer Troller in the product sales page? Any tips for exporting triggers and rules on old versions and importing into a newer version?

Dennis,
    Sounds like you are migrating from HS2 to HS3. If this is the case, you will need to search for any tools HST provide for migrating Events (including triggers and actions)

I do not have any tools. Most users have had to recreate them manually.

To migration your insteon devices, just copy your config\insteon.ini to the new system. the plugin will recreate the new hs devices.

the plugin works on any homeseer platform that supports installing plugins including linux based systems
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X