This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Differences

I have a new ISY994i ZW/IR Pro that I've been testing Insteon with. I also decided to test this plugin as well after I was having some reliability issues and this plugin has the COMM test which is VERY nice. So after moving things around I decided to do a little performance testing.

What I've found so far is quite interesting and rather amazing almost....

Setup: (All New hardware BTW)
    2 x Open/Close Sensor
    2 x Dual-Band Switch
    Switches are in the middle between a pair of double-doors that exit to my deck

I added one switch and sensor to each ISY and to HS3. I setup a program in ISY and an event in HS3. All the event/program does is if switched on (changes) then turn on the light. There is another program and event to do the reverse on closed and turn off the light.

ISY Execution from door open to light switching on is 1 second or more.
    HS3 Execution is almost instant.

I've ran this testing over and over today of randomly walking by and opening/closing the door on each side just to see. This stemmed from some reliability issues I was having with the ISY and new Insteon setup. Has anyone else noticed/seen this drastic of a performance difference?

BTW this is a great plugin the COMM test is excellent and I needed that just to work out the comm problem I was having with the ISY originally.
Working...
X