X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Fast ON Special Trigger Alternative

Hi,
    I have been having issues using Insteon FAST ON triggers for events. I have a two events triggered on receiving either an ON or FAST ON from a keypadlinc. The double tap behavior has not been very consistent in HS. In many cases the ON triggered event fires rather than the FAST ON event. I would really like to get the FAST ON trigger reliable but I am thinking maybe a slower double tap "trigger script" based on two separate received Insteon ON messages occurring within a configurable amount of time would be more reliable. So I am curious about the output latency of Insteon messages with the plugin.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Perhaps try using Start Ramp Up - press and hold. I am using that very successfully on one of my Keypadlincs.
    Regards,

Comment

you must double tap the switch/device consistently to get the fast on to trigger.

So I am curious about the output latency of Insteon messages with the plugin.
      please elaborate on the above
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The timing of double-clicking the switch is paramount. It's a little tricky: not too slow, not terribly fast. Say, "boom-boom" to yourself; that's about how fast it should be.

Jim Speiser
        38-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Thanks for the idea with start ramp. That might make it easier for my wife than the tricky double click.

In regards to "output latency" I was referring to the seemingly random nature of the HS log file entries for rapid event sequences. I am wondering is HS capable of dealing with sub second timing of events from the Insteon and other plugins. The time stamp in the log is integer seconds and the order of events is not consistent with the actual order of events, so it doesn't seem likely.

Comment

I think the processing of events is done in the proper order, its just the log that doesn't show up in order because of the 1 second timing increments.

The double-click "technique" just takes a little practice. It took a while but my wife and I can now do it consistently without any frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by pmendiuk View Post
              Thanks for the idea with start ramp. That might make it easier for my wife than the tricky double click.

In regards to "output latency" I was referring to the seemingly random nature of the HS log file entries for rapid event sequences. I am wondering is HS capable of dealing with sub second timing of events from the Insteon and other plugins. The time stamp in the log is integer seconds and the order of events is not consistent with the actual order of events, so it doesn't seem likely.
              Yah, i've nagged HST about adding msecs to the log entries time stamps. I use the option to display new log entries on top which isnt perfect. Not sure how accurate entries are displayed with new log entries on bottom.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
              X