Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.

Hi I have HS3/Rpi with the 2413U USB interface and an Insteon Hub running in parallel on the network. I duplicate critical events to avoid coming home to a dark house if one of them crashes. My goal is to have all events only running on the HS3/Rpi once I can depend on it. I just got an Alexa to control the HS3/Rpi.

I am intermittently (mostly) getting long delays when I send commands from the HS3/Rpi to turn on or off lights and devices from the Devices screen. HS Mobile app or Alexa. When I control them from the Insteon Hub App there is no delay.

I am assuming this list below is probably generating extra traffic and wasting cycles. I've tried 'Update Interface Database' and 'Reset and Reprogram Interface' in the plugin with no change. The devices below are added to both the Hub and the Rpi and appear to work although the on/off statuses are not always accurate.

What is the best way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Brian

You have 31 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
    These devices and groups currently consume 73 link database entries in your interface.*
    You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.
    The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
    0C.CB.29 found in Backyard Spots Behind Garage
    0F.E0.D9 found in Backyard Spots Behind Garage
    45.5D.F7 found in Backyard Spots Behind Garage
    0F.E0.D9 found in Backyard Spots BSMNT Slidering
    45.5D.F7 found in Backyard Spots BSMNT Slidering
    0F.E0.D9 found in Backyard Spots MBRM
    45.5D.F7 found in Backyard Spots MBRM
    2A.DC.38 found in Backyard Tree and Bug Lights
    31.2D.B2 found in Backyard Tree and Bug Lights
    45.5D.F7 found in Backyard Tree and Bug Lights
    0F.E0.D9 found in Basement Water Heater
    31.2D.B2 found in Basement Water Heater
    45.5D.F7 found in Basement Water Heater
    0C.CB.29 found in Deck Over head light Slave at back door
    0F.E0.D9 found in Deck Over head light Slave at back door
    45.5D.F7 found in Deck Over head light Slave at back door
    0F.E0.D9 found in Deck Spotlights at Kitchen door
    2A.DC.38 found in Deck Spotlights at Kitchen door
    31.2D.B2 found in Deck Spotlights at Kitchen door
    45.5D.F7 found in Deck Spotlights at Kitchen door
    0A.1F.DC found in Diningroom Lamp
    0B.4B.85 found in Diningroom Lamp
    0F.E0.D9 found in Diningroom Lamp
    12.C4.D4 found in Diningroom Lamp
    12.ED.E0 found in Diningroom Lamp
    2A.DC.38 found in Diningroom Lamp
    31.2D.B2 found in Diningroom Lamp
    45.5D.F7 found in Diningroom Lamp
    45.5D.F7 found in Driveway Audi Remote
    16.EF.8C found in Garage Bay 1&2 lights
    45.5D.F7 found in Garage Bay 1&2 lights
    45.5D.F7 found in Garage Bay 3&4 Lights
    45.5D.F7 found in Garage Garage Door 1
    45.5D.F7 found in Garage Garage Door 2
    45.5D.F7 found in Garage Garage Door 3
    45.5D.F7 found in Garage Lights Over Doors
    0F.C3.9A found in House Driveway PIR
    0F.E0.D9 found in House Driveway PIR
    31.2D.B2 found in House Driveway PIR
    45.5D.F7 found in House Repeater
    45.5D.F7 found in House simple home net
    45.5D.F7 found in Kitchen Counter Lights
    0F.E0.D9 found in Kitchen Glass Cabinet
    45.5D.F7 found in Kitchen Glass Cabinet
    0F.E0.D9 found in Kitchen Overhead Light
    2A.DC.38 found in Kitchen Overhead Light
    31.2D.B2 found in Kitchen Overhead Light
    45.5D.F7 found in Kitchen Overhead Light
    0F.E0.D9 found in Kitchen Sink Light
    2A.DC.38 found in Kitchen Sink Light
    31.2D.B2 found in Kitchen Sink Light
    45.5D.F7 found in Kitchen Sink Light
    FF.FF.FF found in Kitchen Sink Light
    0F.E0.D9 found in Main Bathroom Light
    2A.DC.38 found in Main Bathroom Light
    31.2D.B2 found in Main Bathroom Light
    3D.2D.B2 found in Main Bathroom Light
    45.5D.F7 found in Main Bathroom Light
    0A.23.65 found in Master Bedroom Master Bedroom ceiling Fan
    0F.E0.D9 found in Master Bedroom Master Bedroom ceiling Fan
    2A.DC.38 found in Master Bedroom Master Bedroom ceiling Fan
    45.5D.F7 found in Master Bedroom Master Bedroom ceiling Fan
    53.2D.B2 found in Master Bedroom Master Bedroom ceiling Fan
    0F.E0.D9 found in Outside Front Flood Lights
    2A.DC.38 found in Outside Front Flood Lights
    31.2D.B2 found in Outside Front Flood Lights
    45.5D.F7 found in Outside Front Flood Lights
    0C.C6.E9 found in Outside Front Front Porch
    0F.E0.D9 found in Outside Front Front Porch
    12.E1.CD found in Outside Front Front Porch
    2A.DC.38 found in Outside Front Front Porch
    31.2D.B2 found in Outside Front Front Porch
    45.5D.F7 found in Outside Front Front Porch
    0F.E0.D9 found in RecRoom Lamp
    31.2D.B2 found in RecRoom Lamp
    45.5D.F7 found in RecRoom Lamp
    45.5D.F7 found in RecRoom Overhead Lights

The following devices have duplicate links:
    Deck Spotlights at Kitchen door (10,12)
    Outside Front Front Porch (1,12)

are you using individual event actions to turn lights on one at a time? if so, have you tried creating an insteon group to turn on several lights at once

regarding the delay with the hs mobile app or alexa, these apps have to send the cmds through several apis. the insteon app is basically one api

what is the performance like when controlling the devices directly from the hs device management page?

regarding the unknown insteon ids, this is not causing any delay, its just informational. you should recognize the IDs as either the Hub, or some other insteon controller

you can delete the links from the devices if you don't recognize the IDs
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      are you using individual event actions to turn lights on one at a time? if so, have you tried creating an insteon group to turn on several lights at once

regarding the delay with the hs mobile app or alexa, these apps have to send the cmds through several apis. the insteon app is basically one api

what is the performance like when controlling the devices directly from the hs device management page?

regarding the unknown insteon ids, this is not causing any delay, its just informational. you should recognize the IDs as either the Hub, or some other insteon controller

you can delete the links from the devices if you don't recognize the IDs
      Thanks for the quick reply. I use one event to turn on groups of lights on HS3. I do the same on the Insteon Hub. Timed events don't seem to be an issue but I’ll confirm by taking the insteon hub off line and let HS3 go solo. I’ll work on that today.

The delays can be 15 seconds or more or there will be no response then in 30 seconds it seems to execute them all at once. Sometimes they don’t execute at all. These are just the adhock on / off requests i am sending from either the device page on HS3, the HS remote phone app or now from Alexa. It seems to happen more with some devices more then others. I’ll try relocating the Rpi to the same electrical outlet as the Insteon Hub and see if this improves things now that know that list is benign.

Comment

I'm back. I've since done some clean up, swapped out some flakey Insteon devices and worked on making sure any older removed or unused Insteon devices are removed from the system. I've stripped my system down to about 35 Insteon devices plus 4 repeaters. My Insteon Hub works 100% and never misses a timed event or adhoc command. I use the Hub to keep the basics running so I don't come home to a dark house. I'm able to locate the Hub right at the electrical service panel at one end of the house. The HS3Rpi system is located in a network closet at the centre of the house. I do not have 100% Insteon coms reliability from that location. A couple of devices intermittently fail after 4 hops.

The good news is the Insteon Plug-in only locked up a few times this summer. I went as long as 6 weeks with no problems. The problems I did have the LED on the PLM was red and the plugin said it could not communicate with it. I unplugged the PLM from the line and USB and restarted the Plug-in and most times it resumed fine for many weeks. A couple of times it would not come back until I restarted HS3pi. It made it through a few short power outages fine. Then in the last few weeks it happened about once per week. I tried switching to the Insteon Hub as the PLM but it locked up about every 3 days. When it locked up the light was still green but no Hub timed events worked either so the house was dark and the water was cold again. Only power cycling the Hub brought it back.

So I want to use this covid free time I have this fall to get back to basics and overcome the challenges this environment seems to offer up and make sure eveything is squeaky clean/optimal (without having to reset everything and start from scratch. I will work on relocating the HS3Pi at my service panel next to the Insteon Hub. It will be painful but I'm prepared to do it if it has the promise of improved reliability.

Just a thought....Has anyone had success using one of those USB-over-CAT5-extenders to locate their USB PLM at the service panel? It would be a 30ft extension. Also with the plug-in allow me to use both the Insteon Hub and the 2413U PLMs and direct certain Insteon commands to each one?

I've been on HomeSeer at this location for over 15 years and it has evolved and devices have died and been swapped out. I'm sure I have bad and duplicate links between the devices and the remains of old PLMs, Phase bridges etc in there.

Can you prescribe or walk me through a checklist of things to do to clean up the PLM and Insteon Network links and Event programming things to avoid? I would like to rule out any programming mistakes or networks inefficiencies. Much appreciated.

Comment

what plugin version are you using? for the hub, make sure you have the latest beta.

the hub is dual-band. you might try locating it more centrally in the house

I use the following usb over cat6 for a different usb device. seems to work just fine.
          https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if there are specific devices that are having comm issues, you might see what else is connected to the same circuit that might be causing problems.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm on 3.0.7.1 at the moment. I see you have BETA 3.0.7.36. I'll give that a try now and switch back to the Hub.

1) I'm assuming that's the next step you are suggesting.. correct?

The Insteon Hub and the iPhone software has been 100% reliable. Maybe one lock up a year.

2) Is it ok to use the Hub to run its own schedules AND act as a PLM for HS3pi?

Pls advise.

Thanks

Comment

1. yes upgrade to the beta
              2. yes, you can use the hub for both. switch back to the hub and use it for homeseer and the insteon app
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

1. yes upgrade to the beta
                2. yes, you can use the hub for both. switch back to the hub and use it for homeseer and the insteon app
                ok.thanks. I will try it and report back.

Referring back to your response to my initial post above ..

"regarding the unknown insteon ids, this is not causing any delay, its just informational. you should recognize the IDs as either the Hub, or some other insteon controller"

3) I only have two controllers, the Hub and the PLM. Should that list of unknown ID's not go away when I add the other controller as an Insteon device"?

Comment

Yes You can register the plm as a separate device when you use the hub with the plugin
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes You can register the plm as a separate device when you use the hub with the plugin
                    Will links from older/decommissioned controllers be removed when I run the 'swapped controller' option in the plugin?

Comment

The swap routine only updates exiting device links with the new Insteon ID.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Does this mean that you can have the Hub set up as the "main Insteon Interface", and the PLM as a secondary (with devices programmed in the PLM via the plugin). Or do you mean that the PLM can serve as a bridge (with no devices programmed to it).

Comment

the plugin will only control one interface. there is no secondary. some people may have the hub and plm registered to the same device. if the plm isn't the main interface for homeseer, registering it in the plugin will identify it so it doesn't show as unknown.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X