X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Motion Sensor II devices battery reporting

Hi,

I found a battery script here and found that the battery percentage does not show properly as it appears that Insteon plugin reports this in 4, 3, 2, 1 values instead of emitting a percentage value. Is there a way to create these devices using the battery percentage instead? If not, has anyone created an event/script that will send an email when a battery is low?

Mike

Create an event that uses the standard hs device triggers like the following
    Attached Files
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks, i found that after the fact and will see how it goes. I just setup a generic email stating that a battery is low and i should just go check it. Will need to figure out how to send the device name in the email so i know which one it is.

Comment

yah, i've looked for that before. i think you might need to create a unique event per device. HS does not get any info from the plugin about about device triggered. if you find something, please post something here

what i have done for similar situations is to use Replacement variables, and just display the status of all similar device values in the email body using replacement variables (see below)

http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ent_variables1
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Another thought,
          one event, with multiple triggers for each battery you want to monitor (ORs between them). then the action is to run the Group Action which emails you all the various battery levels based on replacement variables
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
          X