This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Practice dealing with lots of heartbeat devices

I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up monitoring and notification without using a ton of if-than. I'd hope this would be a sticky somewhere. Please point me to the topic if I missed it, please. It seems to me this is one of the first features HS4 should have.

I have easytrigger, which I thought I was going to be able to use for this, but, I can't see how it would be helpful for this task.

I have some programming experience, with examples, I can probably get by with scripting, not outright coding.

I would hope this can be done without resorting to scripts and such, but if not, I need something better than the road it's going down.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Blinder View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up monitoring and notification without using a ton of if-than. I'd hope this would be a sticky somewhere. Please point me to the topic if I missed it, please. It seems to me this is one of the first features HS4 should have.

I have easytrigger, which I thought I was going to be able to use for this, but, I can't see how it would be helpful for this task.

I have some programming experience, with examples, I can probably get by with scripting, not outright coding.

I would hope this can be done without resorting to scripts and such, but if not, I need something better than the road it's going down.

Thanks!
    If your events fire then that part is OK but for the speech any symbols like ">" will not work. For more help on that check out on "Replacement Variables" . The comprehensive document here : https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/HS3Help.pdf .

And Easy Trigger : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...-in-user-guide

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks for that. I guess I haven't expressed this well. I understand events. I understand what scripting can do I was a developer for years, I don't want to script unless its a better solution. What I know about problem-solving, someone has already solved it. you just have to find it.

I'm not asking how to fish, I'm asking to be fed - In the process, ill learn how to fish.

The buffet line I chose should have had dessert served with it. Instead, there are an overwhelming number of combinations of ice cream flavor, types of nuts, etc... Only a very few combinations result in delightedly yet diminutive deserts. The smaller the dessert, the better they are.

I'm looking for directions to the best dessert.

HS is devoid of any integrated battery monitoring. A basic necessity. At least give reasonable tools to fix it like then-else if construct

This probably isn't the best forum, it just that the vast majority of my system is Insteon. I'll look for a better place to post.

Comment

maybe you can submit this to HS as a feature. That way, any plugin what has a battery device, can register that device with HS directly
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X