Links not linking correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links not linking correctly

I am in th emiddle of setting up a new system, stillusing my existing win 7 system.

Th eissue I am having is the "Sync linked responder devices" seems to not be working. I am linking device with the edit links screen and checking off the - Sync linked responder devices. I have a few key pad linc's that I am trying to keep synced with devices and it's just not working. I have to use events to monitor the devices and then update the keypad if the linked devices are turned on/off via events. This was not the case prior to replacing my PLM with a new one for this install.

I have tried resetting reprogramming and reprogramming and reprogramming ... you get the picture.

Any thoughts? It would be nice to have the keypads follow the devices again.

-Skybolt

it sounds like the responder links are missing from the linked devices. do the devices update correctly when you physically control the devices?

have you reread the links for each device that isn't responding?

did you use the 'program swap/replace interface' routine when you put the new plm into service? i don't think this should impact this functionality but thought I would ask.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      it sounds like the responder links are missing from the linked devices. do the devices update correctly when you physically control the devices?

have you reread the links for each device that isn't responding?

did you use the 'program swap/replace interface' routine when you put the new plm into service? i don't think this should impact this functionality but thought I would ask.
      Hi Mark sorry I missed this.

So yes to all except the PLM. I started from scratch with all new switches but kept my original PLM. I recently moved and used my old system with new hardware, except the PLM as I kept that. I deleted all devices first then added switches back as I wired them in. I am also using a HUB with this system as well, but that is stand alone and HS does not know about that.
      -Skybolt

Comment

enable detailed logging in the plugin . then run your scenario, and post a detailed log snippet of a transaction that isn't updating

i need to see if the plugin is seeing the messages from the devices and kpl btns
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Hi Mark, thank you for getting back with me. I have been on a bit of a vacation on and off the past few weeks. I wil lbe getting back with this as soon as I get my new PLM. The old one just died this moring after a power surge so I need to order a new one and swap that out. I'll post back after I get that going again. Thanks.
          -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
          X