X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    We got lucky. Please setup some kind of backup system. And upgrade the plugin. The newer version does a better job of saving the Insteon.ini file

Leave a comment:

• purdyr
    replied
    THANK YOU!!!! You're awesome. Back up and working agin. So much better than calling a help desk!

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Ryan

thanks for the screen shots. very helpful. you will need to open the latest insteon error report.log file and extract the insteon.ini contents from the bottom of the file assuming it has all your devices.

shutdown hs.

from the insteon error report.log file, copy from [config] all the way down to the bottom and save as insteon.ini

homeseer.hsd backup file is located in the Data folder. you need to find a backup from before the crash. rename it to HomeSeerData.hsd (this is the default)

the restart hs

once you get this working, you need to upgrade to the latest plugin version.

Leave a comment:

• purdyr
    replied
    Should have mentioend it is a linux box.

Leave a comment:

• purdyr
    replied
    Thanks so much. I have a bit of relief. 3.0.6.0 plug in....homeseer 3.0.0.500.

So can you walk me through exactly what to do to restore the Insteon.ini and which Homeseer.hsd to restore to.

I don't want to mess it up if it's my one chance to save everything. (years of stuff in there)

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    some versions of HS3 corrupt ini files when it crashes. sounds like what happened.

what version of the plugin are you running? there should be a backup of the insteon.ini in the config folder. you will need to restore a backup of your homeseer.hsd as well (the current one is now corrupt).

Leave a comment:

• purdyr
    started a topic Help: Lost all Insteon Devices

Help: Lost all Insteon Devices

My HomeseerSel controller recently had an issue and would not boot. I unplugged the USB Insteon interface and connected it to my TV. I had to select something on the screen. After selecting that boot partition it booted fine. I shut it down and reconnected everything and booted back up again.

My Insteon plug in did not have a interface port. So I added it back. /dev/ttyUSB0. I stopped the plug in and restarted it again. All looked good.

The issue is all my Insteon devices are gone from Homeseer. In all my events I get things like Device with ref=467 is no longer in the system.

Help please!

Thanks,
    Ryan

Working...
X