Swapping two units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping two units

Is there a quick way in the Plug-In to swap two devices of the same type (ApplianceLinc relays)? One of them is the latest smaller version, and fits better in a different location. The other is the older, bulkier type. But otherwise the same, and I assume they are interchangeable. I know there's a quick way to replace one with a new one (Replace This Device); I just wondered if there is a quick way to swap their link databases.

Jim Speiser
    30-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Jim,
    no simple solution. you will need to run the swap three times to make this work: once to swap a temp device for the the first device, then swap the first device for the second, then swap the second device for the temp device.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Jim,
      no simple solution. you will need to run the swap three times to make this work: once to swap a temp device for the the first device, then swap the first device for the second, then swap the second device for the temp device.
      I understand conceptually...but this means I have to actually physically plug in a spare device of the same type somewhere to get it "into" the Plug-In, right? I can't just make up an Insteon address triplet and "fool" the plug-in....can I? And that becomes my "temp" device, which holds the settings for Device 1, right? Then I would....replace Device 1 with Device 2, then replace Device 2 with the Temp?

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

The temp device has to be real and online. The plugin will try to program it with the old links as well as program responders with the new device Id.

Otherwise you can redo the links yourself if there aren’t that many. This might be faster.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          The temp device has to be real and online. The plugin will try to program it with the old links as well as program responders with the new device Id.

Otherwise you can redo the links yourself if there aren’t that many. This might be faster.
          A project for a future version, maybe?

Thanks!

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
          X