Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physical switch won't turn off. From HS3 works fine.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physical switch won't turn off. From HS3 works fine.

Hello all,

I have an ICON SwitchLinc Dimmer that is acting strange. It has been installed for several years and is always under HS3 control. I can't remember using the physical switch before. A new use case has arisen that requires being able to physically turning OFF the switch.

I can see the Insteon ON command but no OFF command. Is there some parameter that might be set improperly? Or, is the device likely defective and needs replacing?

Thanks for your thoughts.

there is no parameter to adjust. try a manual factory reset and use the reprogram device function from plugin. if that doesn't fix it, then the physical switch is bad
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Did the reset and reprogram. Event logs showed the reprogram was successful however it said it failed to set the ramp rate, On level, and LED brightness. Gave the switch a little physical exercise by toggling the paddle up and down several times (wish I hadn't done that). Now the dimmer is working fine. No idea whether the reprogram or the switch internals had some trash in them.

Either way, thanks. It appears to be working again.

P.S. the use case is to allow manual control to override a timer based OFF event on a porch light that was turned on by a door sensor triggered event. I.E. You want to leave the porch light on for a while.

Comment

Glad you got it working. Good luck with the new use case.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X