X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM failure?

Mark,
    I am getting "Transmit failed to device (various) after 4 tries" messages, about a dozen or so a day. I went back in the log and saw they started August 10. No added equipment, etc has been added during that time. No other changes that I can think of. I did a ' a reset and reprogram on the interface' today but that didn't help. the PLM is firmware 9E, h/w ver 2.0.
    The unit is about 3-4 years old, I think. I'm thinking its time for a new one?

the problem could also be some device flooding the network and preventing the PLM from transmitting. you could try turning off breakers one at a time and see if the issue stops. this would help identify where the noise is coming from. for light switches, you can pull the set btn to disable it.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

ok, I'll try that first, thanks, and I suppose it could also be rf devices?

Comment

Yes, an RF device could be the cause. don't rule anything out
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

one last question: is there anything I can do from the plm to speed up the process of elimination, such as initiate polling on all devices?

Comment

yah, that might work. give it a try
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X