Units . registered .. not registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units . registered .. not registered

I have several X10 and Insteon units .. All was working until I recently noticed some intermittent activity on some of the Insteon units.

When I look at the plugin configuration page .. there are no updates identified ..

When I look at the Insteon main config page, I get this ..

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
    34.7A.06 found in Comm Room Modem Switch \7
    34.7A.06 found in Comm Room Wireless Linksys Router Switch \6
    34.7A.06 found in Furnace Room Hot Water Switch \14
    34.7A.06 found in Furnace Room Leak Sensor 2852
    34.7A.06 found in Garage Garage Ceiling Switch
    34.7A.06 found in Master Bedroom Remote Single Wireless Switch \4
    34.7A.06 found in Master Bedroom SwitchLinc Fan Dimmer 2477D \1
    34.7A.06 found in Test Plug#2 2663
    34.7A.06 found in Workroom Hot Water Switch \20

When I go to Manage Devices all of the above are identified as "Currently Registered"

A couple of the identified units .. are the ones that are intermitent ..

What does anyone suggest be done to make sure all is okay

Thoughts please ..

Don

do you have an insteon device with this id? 34.7A.06
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
      I...
      When I go to Manage Devices all of the above are identified as "Currently Registered"

It's not saying that those devices are unregistered. It's saying that those devices have links to an unregistered device with an address of 34.7A.06. If they are trying to communicate with this device and it is not connected, that can cause delays and problems.

Comment

Interesting. I do understand that there can be a module with the 34.7A.06 address that is installed in the home but not part of Homeseer network. All of my Insteon devices do not manually control anything except thru Homeseer .. yet when I use the plugin to see what devices are identified, there is no 34.72.06. It is also interesting that all the identified devices have this common issue .. It smell like a hiccup with Insteon.

That being the case, is there a way to identify and double-check all the Insteon devices on the network?

Is there a way to use the plugin (or other) to see what links are in place for each device .. .? If not , am I correct in that the only way to sort this out is to re-link all the identified devices. However if understand the system, this will then break all the events for the associated device and then we have to find all these events and then regen them.... not something I look forward to ..

Interesting that there is only one device that is not logged as an issue, is the only one that has been installed in the last year, the rest have been installed for over 4 years. As this issue this forced me to test whatever devices I can .. and some work and some do not

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Don,
          Goto those devices listed above, and delete the link that references the unknown Insteon ID and see how the network performs
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

I finally found out how to find the links per device and removed anything that referred to the bad device ..

I now see this for this device ...see below

Device Link Table

Link #1 Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer

Warning: This Insteon device has no links with the HomeSeer interface, so it can not respond to the ALL DEVICES group commands sent by HomeSeer. Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' function.

Here is another one .. see below .. before I removed all the "bad" links .. .

Device Link Table

Link #2 Load controls Unregistered Device (34.7A.06)
            Link #1 Load is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 0 (34.7A.06) - On Level : Off
            Link #3 Load is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 254 (34.7A.06) - On Level : On

Warning: The links for this device have changed since you last downloaded the link table. Please use the 'Read Device Links and Settings' to refresh the link table.

Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unknown device to your system if possible.

Warning: This Insteon device has no links with the HomeSeer interface, so it can not respond to the ALL DEVICES group commands sent by HomeSeer. Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' function.

Warning: This Insteon device has no master links with the HomeSeer interface, so it can not report local control changes to HomeSeer. Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' function.

I then checked off each box to delete each link and then requested to delete the checked items. The system seems to be trying to delete with no error messages and displays "continue" . It does not delete anything .. see below ...

Edit Device Links
            Insteon Device ID: 37.53.1A
            Device Name:Wireless Linksys Router Switch \6
            Device Location:Comm Room
            Device Type: Dual-Band On/Off Module
            Firmware Version: 48

Device Link Table

Link #1 Load is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 0 (34.7A.06) - On Level : Off
            Link #3 Load is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 254 (34.7A.06) - On Level :

Warning: The links for this device have changed since you last downloaded the link table. Please use the 'Read Device Links and Settings' to refresh the link table.

Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unknown device to your system if possible.

Warning: This Insteon device has no master links with the HomeSeer interface, so it can not report local control changes to HomeSeer. Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' function.

I do not understand what is going on .. what do you suggest I do to get things working again.

Don

ps .. thanks Mark for helping

Comment

A quick question .. if I try to "add" these devices, will the process register them properly

Comment

do you know what kind of device has this unknown insteon id ? it must be powered/online for you to register it
                Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

I have no idea. If this device is registered, then should it not show up in the plugin .. and it does not show up in the HS device list .. and I believe all the devices that I know of are identify in HS .. so I have no idea how to find it .. any thoughts on how to do this would be appreciated.

As well I did my best to delete all the unknown device links .. and there are some that would not delete .. see below

You have 11 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
                  These devices and groups currently consume 30 link database entries in your interface.*
                  You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

What do you suggest to clean this up as my gut tells me we have spaghetti inside HS ...

Don

Comment

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
                    I have no idea. If this device is registered, then should it not show up in the plugin .. and it does not show up in the HS device list .. and I believe all the devices that I know of are identify in HS .. so I have no idea how to find it .. any thoughts on how to do this would be appreciated.

As well I did my best to delete all the unknown device links .. and there are some that would not delete .. see below

You have 11 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
                    These devices and groups currently consume 30 link database entries in your interface.*

What do you suggest to clean this up as my gut tells me we have spaghetti inside HS ...

Don
                    Now I am not a very smart man, but I don't think you want to try to add that address back without knowing exactly what it is. You won't know how to configure it. I would go ahead and follow the advice given above: Go into each device in which the offending address is listed, edit the links, select that link, and choose DELETE. The worst that can happen is that you'll one day have a slap-my-forehead moment and discover that that was a vital device that simply got ignored by the plug-in...no problem, simply add it back in the old fashioned way - use the plug-in to Add an Insteon Device, and configure it as needed. Because THEN you'll know exactly HOW to configure it.

Jim Speiser
                    30-year veteran of Home Automation
                    Still don't know squat

Comment

OIC...you say they won't delete? Hmmm....never run into that....but then, I am not a very smart man.

Jim Speiser
                      30-year veteran of Home Automation
                      Still don't know squat

Comment

run the Read links and settings on the device and see of the link persists? copy and post the links so we can see them
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Okay .. I did a "Read links..." process .. on .. .

Comm Room Wireless Linksys Router Switch \6

The result was ... The link table and device settings could not be retrieved for your device.

The info for the unit after the process is .. Edit Insteon Device

Insteon Device ID: 37.53.1A

Device Name:

Device Location:

Device Type: Dual-Band On/Off Module
                          Firmware Version: 48
                          Comm Reliability: 99% (8223 failed out of 1049034 cmds)

Polling Interval (Minutes, 0=None):

Sync linked responder devices

Device Link Table
                          Link #3 Load is controlled by Unregistered Device Group 254 (34.7A.06) - On Level : On

Custom Settings (* indicates default setting)
                          LED Brightness 0 - Lowest123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313 233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616 263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919 293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 115116 - Brightest

Operating Flags (* indicates default setting)
                          Programming Lock Off*On
                          LED Flash on Tx Disabled*Enabled
                          LED On*Off

The main config page is ....

Main Insteon Configuration Page

Interface Port
                          Maximum Hops 1234
                          Command Retries 123451025
                          Response Timeout (sec) 1235
                          Logging Level NoneNormalDebugDetailed
                          Sort Device Links By TypeBy Number
                          Perform group clean-ups when transmitting group commands
                          Disable automatic polling
                          Use HS Location 2 information
                          Enable X10

I am at a loss, if this is not the info you need, please help me get it for you to help me solve this problem.

Again thanks for the help.

Don

Comment

Don, what is the insteon id of your PLM or Hub?

you might need to use the 'program device for homeseer' first and then reread the links and settings
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Don, Have you ever changed the PLM or hub? Possibly that is the address of the old PLM or Hub.

Comment

Working...
                              X