Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 with the mnsandler Insteon plugin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

it doesn't cause anything to be skipped.
    Yes, but I've found that 'Refresh' can cause multiple links of the same type to be created.

Example: Cross-linking the 'D' button on two keypads just now. When I hit refresh on the first attempt to create the cross-link, a second link was created with a different 'Link #x' reported. When deleting that extra link, another good link was removed I had already created. These keypads have quite a number of cross-links programmed, and I've spent a considerable amount of time setting these up, only to have to rework some while over-using the refresh button.

AND - while replacing some Insteon components yesterday, I found two components that had been inexplicably removed (this particular keypad was one of them). I had to re-add the keypad, delete the existing links that appeared after being added, and recreate the links to enable the keypad to control what it was controlling before.

I must say that the HS4 upgrade has been quite disappointing. I only upgraded because I bought HS3 a few months ago and it came with the free upgrade. For me, not worth the headaches I've had to endure. I've had various issues with other plug-ins I use, and for what? Visual interface updates? No real extra functionality put into events (IMHO, Events are where the major upgrades need to occur). But I digress.

Thought you might be interested in this little tidbit of info, Mark. My most successful use while configuring links and devices has been to hit the 'Home' button, then get back into the plug-in using the Plug-Ins menu.

EDIT: I've tried this with four different browsers: IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome - all with the same result..
    Last edited by MitchInTexas; August 21, 2020, 09:49 AM. Reason: Added info for different browsers...

Comment

Originally posted by MitchInTexas View Post

Yes, but I've found that 'Refresh' can cause multiple links of the same type to be created.

Example: Cross-linking the 'D' button on two keypads just now. When I hit refresh on the first attempt to create the cross-link, a second link was created with a different 'Link #x' reported. When deleting that extra link, another good link was removed I had already created. These keypads have quite a number of cross-links programmed, and I've spent a considerable amount of time setting these up, only to have to rework some while over-using the refresh button.

AND - while replacing some Insteon components yesterday, I found two components that had been inexplicably removed (this particular keypad was one of them). I had to re-add the keypad, delete the existing links that appeared after being added, and recreate the links to enable the keypad to control what it was controlling before.

I must say that the HS4 upgrade has been quite disappointing. I only upgraded because I bought HS3 a few months ago and it came with the free upgrade. For me, not worth the headaches I've had to endure. I've had various issues with other plug-ins I use, and for what? Visual interface updates? No real extra functionality put into events (IMHO, Events are where the major upgrades need to occur). But I digress.

Thought you might be interested in this little tidbit of info, Mark. My most successful use while configuring links and devices has been to hit the 'Home' button, then get back into the plug-in using the Plug-Ins menu.
      This same thing has happened to me as well. Mark,even if you don't upgrade your plug-in to HS4 is there some way to fix this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah the same thing is happening for me. Refresh didn't work in any instance that I tried.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Working...
        X