This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-II: Can It Become Self-Aware?

Is there some kind of timer in a Motion Sensor II that will turn it back on if you've de-activated it using the MOTION button? I have one that seems to like to activate itself after a day or two. No one else in the household would be aware of the MOTION button; they are only dimly aware that the thing is a motion sensor.

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    Is there some kind of timer in a Motion Sensor II that will turn it back on if you've de-activated it using the MOTION button? I have one that seems to like to activate itself after a day or two. No one else in the household would be aware of the MOTION button; they are only dimly aware that the thing is a motion sensor.
    i believe there is an internal timer that turns the MS back on after 24 hrs after you press the MOTION button.. I dont think this is adjustable.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Seriously? Harrumph.
      The MOTION button was a giant leap forward. The ability to override the owner's wishes after a randomly selected period of time? Not so much.

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

for the record, the timer to renable the motion sensor is 12 hrs according to the manual
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

You can't please everybody, but they would have done better to make 12H the default, but allow it to be programmed to some range of values.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
            You can't please everybody, but they would have done better to make 12H the default, but allow it to be programmed to some range of values.
            ...including "ZERO" to make it permanent!! I want it off for a couple of weeks, until we take down our halloween decorations - when the wind blows, the "ghost" sets off the damn motion sensor, and our front entry lights go on.

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

For stuff like that I use a Virtual Device called "Halloween Mode" and use that in my events to modify the reaction to the motion sensor. So during Halloween time, I set the device to Halloween Mode and then the events to turn on the outside lights trigger to very dim instead of full brightness. Likewise I have a "Christmas Mode" so the lights act differently during that time too.

Comment

Working...
              X