X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older motion sensor's battery level device not updating

Hi,

Perhaps it hasn't worked since installing on HS3, but I just noticed today it isn't updating. I'm talking about the device that shows the voltage of the battery. Is this a scenario for RecreateDevice=1 under the device in the ini file?

Thanks!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    Hi,

Perhaps it hasn't worked since installing on HS3, but I just noticed today it isn't updating. I'm talking about the device that shows the voltage of the battery. Is this a scenario for RecreateDevice=1 under the device in the ini file?

Thanks!
    you can try that but also reprogram the device? one of the links may be missing
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have several 2844 sensors. They each have 4 devices, one of which is battery level. None of the battery devices have a level or a last change timestamp. My vague memory is that we discussed this several years ago and it was determined that they didn't report the level.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

My other ones appear to be working. They have varying levels and a timestamp within the past few days.

I'll give that a try soon, Mark. Thanks!
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I have some that don't report the battery level too. They only have 3 links, the battery level one is missing. They are the same sensors and rev levels and firmware versions as others that have all 4 links and DO report fine. This has been happening for a couple years now. Reprogramming the devices, factory resets, etc do not bring them back. I have manually modified the Insteon.ini file to add the fourth link and link count, and that makes them work. But then I notice later that the fourth link has been removed again. Its as if the plugin thinks that the older sensors should not have that link and removes them.

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
            I have some that don't report the battery level too. They only have 3 links, the battery level one is missing. They are the same sensors and rev levels and firmware versions as others that have all 4 links and DO report fine. This has been happening for a couple years now. Reprogramming the devices, factory resets, etc do not bring them back. I have manually modified the Insteon.ini file to add the fourth link and link count, and that makes them work. But then I notice later that the fourth link has been removed again. Its as if the plugin thinks that the older sensors should not have that link and removes them.
            what fw version are you referring to regarding manually adding the fourth link?

the link must be in the device itself, if the device doesn't have the link, it won't report. the ini is just for plugin reference.

have you tried deleting the ms from the plugin, factory resetting it, and re-registering it go get all the links and hs devices setup correctly. this will break any event/trigger references, but it might be worth it.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have 2 firmware 34 and 10 firmware 41 devices. Both version 34's and most of the 41's work fine, but two of the version 41's seem to keep losing their fourth link. I add it manually to the Insteon.ini and Reprogram the device. The links show up and I get battery level updates for a while. Then at some point later they disappear, possibly when I reboot HS3???

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                I have several 2844 sensors.
                For clarity, I'm referring to my 2842 sensors. I just did a factory reset on the device, and then a "Reprogram..." via the plugin.

I think I have the same problem as Burrington. I have some 41 devices without 4 links. There are 4 sub devices but only 3 links. The device that started this thread is one, and I just discovered another with only 3 links. Oddly, the battery level for that sensor has been updating even though I don't see that link via the plugin. Very odd.

Time will tell if my reset/reprogram did anything.

Comment

Guys, the battery voltage/level doesn't have/need a link. that value comes from the heartbeat. the low battery signal (on/off) does have a link
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

That rings a vague bell. I noticed the sensor that wasn't reporting battery level had a value of zero in the "Read settings after On cmds" box. Would that prevent the battery level from ever changing?

I've attached what I see in the plugin in regards to the links for two different v41 sensors. This is why I thought it was related.

Click image for larger version

Name:	motion1.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1335618

Click image for larger version

Name:	motion2.PNG
Views:	90
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1335619

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                      That rings a vague bell. I noticed the sensor that wasn't reporting battery level had a value of zero in the "Read settings after On cmds" box. Would that prevent the battery level from ever changing?
                      yes, the battery level is read after the number of Ons received
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Now I feel stupid. I should've remembered that.

Comment

Yup, I'm an idiot. For some reason that was the only sensor I had with "Read settings after On cmds" set to zero. The battery level (voltage) is updating now. I can't say for certain the Reset/Reprogram was unnecessary, but it probably was.

Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                          X