Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the PLM or HUB integrate better with your plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the PLM or HUB integrate better with your plugin?

Mark,

Does the PLM or Hub integrate better with your plugin? I posed the same question on the unsupported HS Insteon plugin thread but I figured this is a better place to ask since I will be using your plugin.

I think I read someone that in the past an update to the HUB caused your plugin to no longer work.

Also, do you see in benefit between the Serial PLM and the USB PLM?

Thank you,

Michael,
    the PLM is probably the best controller. the response time is much lower for inbound msgs from a physical switch to HS, and it takes the whole network out of the equation.

I prefer the serial plm over the usb one, but both perform the same. The serial plm seems to recover better during power failures.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Michael,
      the PLM is probably the best controller. the response time is much lower for inbound msgs from a physical switch to HS, and it takes the whole network out of the equation.

I prefer the serial plm over the usb one, but both perform the same. The serial plm seems to recover better during power failures.
      Thanks for the info. I don't think my computer has a serial port so I think I'm stuck going with the USB PLM.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

Thanks for the info. I don't think my computer has a serial port so I think I'm stuck going with the USB PLM.
        You could try a USB to serial adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

Note that you might have to install a USB to serial driver. I did under windows. The serial PLM has been very reliable for me using the USB cable. So much so that I have a backup serial PLM in storage in the event my 15 year old PLM bites the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

Do you have any experience using the USB to serial adapter? How's the reliability? Is there a specific model that you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post

Note that you might have to install a USB to serial driver. I did under windows. The serial PLM has been very reliable for me using the USB cable. So much so that I have a backup serial PLM in storage in the event my 15 year old PLM bites the dust.
              good to know. thanks

Comment

Do you have any experience using the USB to serial adapter? How's the reliability? Is there a specific model that you recommend?
                I am also curious what model USB to serial adapter is popular these days. I haven't bought one in years so it would be good to know what current models work the best.

Comment

HomeSeer used to sell these Trendnet cables and I've got a couple in use and they work very well.
                  https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Conv...2805745&sr=8-3
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

My cable is 15 years old. No idea of who made it. I can tell you that the USB to serial port driver that I use is as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	usb2serialdriver1.png
Views:	27
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1337409
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	usb2serialdriver2.png
Views:	26
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1337410 ​​​​​​​

Comment

I have 2 of the Trendnet TU-S9 adapters HomeSeer used to sell. I use them for my Concord 4 alarm and a HomeSeer ADIO-100. I run HomeSeer on Linux and have had no issues with the adapters.

Comment

Working...
                      X