Installing or moving Insteon on a new Hometroller SEL Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing or moving Insteon on a new Hometroller SEL Pro

I've been using the Insteon plug-in with HS3 on a PC for several years. Because the PC I was using with HS3 was ready to be replaced, I figured this would be a good time to get a dedicated HomeTroller. It arrived the other day and I've been having a ridiculously hard time getting it set up.

Before I ordered the HomeTroller I checked on the process of moving my configuration from one PC to a new device and saw that there was a sticky with a procedure. Stupidly, I didn't notice the date on the sticky (2007) and, unsurprisingly the procedure seems to be hopelessly out of date. It has a bunch of instructions telling me to copy the config directory files to the new device. That would be great IF they said anything about how to actually do that. I can access the HS3 interface on the new HomeTroller but can't see the device file/directory structure in Windows Explorer so there doesn't seem to be any way to copy files to it.

I did install the Insteon plug-in from the updater but can't get it to work since I have no idea what the interface port is on the HomeTroller SEL. (I just get the warning: "WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the Config page and restart HS.") Since the HomeTroller SEL OS seems to be Linux, I'm really stumped. Clicking the ? next to the "Interface Port" textbox tells me that there are several dozen available ports (all in the format /dev/ttyXXX) but that's obviously no help.

Does anyone out there have experience with this and, if so, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong here? This is driving me crazy!

Bill

Bill.
    i can't tell you how to move your insteon setup to the hometroller (i think hst should be able to help/support you since you just bought it). but you do need the existing homeseer db and the config\insteon.ini file from the old system.

as for the interface port, just work through all of them until the plugin find the interface.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Bill,
      did you get this working? what port did you end up using?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
      X