This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unregistered Insteon addresses

In the Main Configuration Page I see the info below. Of the 11 Insteon devices in my system the Den Floor Lamp is the only one with unregistered links. Why is this and what I should do to resolve it?

"You have 11 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
    These devices and groups currently consume 43 link database entries in your interface.*
    You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
    17.DA.BE found in
    Den Floor Lamp - INST
    17.DB.1E found in
    Den Floor Lamp - INST
    2E.80.E7 found in
    Den Floor Lamp - INST
    51.C7.8D found in
    Den Floor Lamp - INST
    51.CA.47 found in
    Den Floor Lamp - INST"

if this is a new device, it could just be left over links from the factory. Factory reset the device (see the manual), and then use the the plugin to "reprogram device" with the good links
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did the FR but all unregistered links are still there. They seem to have appeared after I added a Mini Remote 8 button. However I added a second one and did not get any unregistered addresses. Anyway, right now I'm not too worried about it as everything works with no problems. I was going to delete the addresses but your note in the plug-in advises against that.

Comment

Allen,
        Very strange that the FR didn't remove the unregistered links. Either way, if you don't recognize the insteon ID, you can delete the links
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X