X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with unexpected Dim values

Hi Mark,

Looking for your input before concluding to a defective device.

I have one Dimmer that always had very good communication (100% (13 failed out of 14915 cmds) 15186 1 1 Excellent)

Lately, without being 100% certain that it coincide with my upgrade to 3.0.7.1, this dimmer started to act strangely.
    • Many times a day an Event sends a 50% Dim command.
    • The Dimmer goes to 50% as expected.
    • After between a few millisecond and 3-5 seconds it will frequently but not always go to one of the following levels : 0% (of Off. Need to confirm this one), 26%, 56%, 76%
    • The last command in the log for this device will be the requested 50% (Normal logging)
    • If I poll the device, the actual (26%, 56%, 76%) value will be reflected. (Still working on catching the 0% of Off one.)
    I had devices failed on me in since their inception but it was almost always the paddle action on completely die. This time, it is almost like if there was a phantom command being received either by the Plug-in of the PLM. But strangely it is only affecting this device.

Do you quickly think of something I could verify avoiding me to come-up with the a wrong failure conclusion? Corruption of some-kind. I tried to Factory reset the device and reprogrammed it with no luck.

Thanks.

Enable detailed logging in the plugin and see if there are any other inbound messages related to the device. Otherwise i can't think of anything else to check.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Enable detailed logging in the plugin and see if there are any other inbound messages related to the device. Otherwise i can't think of anything else to check.
      Thanks for the hint. All transmissions (At least the portion I can understand) seems in line with what my events are asking so I can fairly conclude to a switch defect of some-kind.

Comment

What type of dimmer is it?

Comment

Working...
        X