This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding A Device Failing

So, I've got the 2413U PLM configured properly and recognized by the plug-in. Wanted to add a LampLinc 2456D3 device for testing and practice, so added via the Device Management page as shown. The light plugged into the LampLinc is on, toggling via the Home page doesn't do anything. Tried deleting the device, pairing the LampLinc with the PLM using the Set buttons on each one (successfully, with two flashes from the LampLinc light), and then tried to add the device again with the same results. It's got to be something simple, but what?

please try the following:
    delete the device from the plugin
    factory reset the device (see manual)
    enable detailed logging in the plugin (config page)
    register the device using the Add function
    post an hs log snippet of the Add log entries/transaction
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,
      Thanks, I'll give that a try and report back. On the Plugins tab in HS, my Insteon plug in only shows a single sub-tab selection for Configuration. My Z-Wave shows a bunch of different sub-tabs besides Configuration, am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMcM1956 View Post
        Mark,
        Thanks, I'll give that a try and report back. On the Plugins tab in HS, my Insteon plug in only shows a single sub-tab selection for Configuration. My Z-Wave shows a bunch of different sub-tabs besides Configuration, am I missing something?
        You aren't missing anything. the sub-tabs are plugin specific
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          please try the following:
          delete the device from the plugin
          factory reset the device (see manual)
          enable detailed logging in the plugin (config page)
          register the device using the Add function
          post an hs log snippet of the Add log entries/transaction
          Nov-24 12:02:05 AM Insteon ..finished saving comm stats.
          Nov-24 12:02:05 AM Insteon Saving comm stats...
          Nov-24 12:01:17 AM Device Control Device: Unknown Unknown 2456D3 LampLinc to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Nov-24 12:01:14 AM Device Control Device: Unknown Unknown 2456D3 LampLinc to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Nov-23 11:58:24 PM Insteon Saved ini file. msecs=23
          Nov-23 11:58:04 PM Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
          Nov-23 11:58:04 PM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/Insteon Error Report.Log
          Nov-23 11:58:04 PM Insteon ***:Forced error / log generation
          Nov-23 11:56:45 PM Device Control Device: Upstairs Den LampLinc 2456D3 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Nov-23 11:56:42 PM Device Control Device: Upstairs Den LampLinc 2456D3 to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Nov-23 11:56:39 PM Device Control Device: Upstairs Den LampLinc 2456D3 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Nov-23 10:15:00 PM Log Info The log database is currently 8.2MB in size.

Comment

please post 'insteon error report.log' file referenced in the above log
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              please post 'insteon error report.log' file referenced in the above log
              Mark,

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a complete noob to the Rpi. How would I access the pi to find the error log you mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMcM1956 View Post

Mark,

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a complete noob to the Rpi. How would I access the pi to find the error log you mentioned?
                do you have access to the file system on the box you are running HS3? the log file is in the homeseer\config folder
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Finally had some time today to get back to this. Shut down HS, then shut down the pi, then restarted everything. When I went to the Insteon plugin page, there was a bunch of plug-in utility functions that weren't there previously. When I was having the problem, the only thing displayed on the plugin page was the Interface info shown below.

Interface Port
                  Maximum Hops
                  Command Retries 123451025
                  Response Timeout (sec) 1235
                  Logging Level NoneNormalDebugDetailed
                  Sort Device Links By TypeBy Number
                  Enable X10
                  Use HS Location 2 information
                  Disable automatic polling
                  Perform group clean-ups when transmitting group commands

Now I suddenly have all the rest of what was previously missing:

You have 1 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
                  These devices and groups currently consume 0 link database entries in your interface.*
                  You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

There are no unregistered Insteon addresses in the network.

Plugin Utility Functions

Runs through the device and group database to add all needed local link records to the Interface

Resets the Interface and reprogram its database links

Reprograms a new interface ID across the entire network

Creates an Insteon Error Report.log file

Display the interface links to the screen. This will take a moment to load.

This will assign any device (A1 to P16) to this plugin so you can control it.

Now I'm able to register and control both Insteon and X-10 devices, all is well in the world....

Comment

Glad to hear you got it working. thanks for reporting back.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X