In-Panel Phase Coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Panel Phase Coupler

What's the best in-panel solution for Insteon and X-10?

Mike, you don't need a phase coupler for Insteon. As long as you have at least one dual band device on each phase and they can communicate with each other, they will handle this.

The following device was required before dual-band
    https://www.smarthome.com/signalinc-...hardwired.html
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Mike, you don't need a phase coupler for Insteon. As long as you have at least one dual band device on each phase and they can communicate with each other, they will handle this.

The following device was required before dual-band
      https://www.smarthome.com/signalinc-...hardwired.html
      Mark,
      Will the Insteon Dual Band devices also serve as a coupler for my X-10 devices as well?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMcM1956 View Post

Mark,
        Will the Insteon Dual Band devices also serve as a coupler for my X-10 devices as well?
        no, they don't repeat or forward x10 msgs
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

no, they don't repeat or forward x10 msgs
          So, I'll have to get one for my X-10 devices if I have any issues with the 2413U PLM not talking to them?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMcM1956 View Post

So, I'll have to get one for my X-10 devices if I have any issues with the 2413U PLM not talking to them?
            i used to have an A10 CR234 x10 coupler installed. no issues with insteon signals. if you are are interested in the unit, send me an private message on this board
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

What is the effect on hop count when using a pair of dual band devices rather than a wired signalinc?

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                What is the effect on hop count when using a pair of dual band devices rather than a wired signalinc?
                that is a good question, but i dont know the answer. you might find the answer at the forum at smarthome.com
                Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Working...
                X