• Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    Sent you a private message on the subject

Leave a comment:

• chubafelix
    replied
    Mark, I have another and hopefully, not too unreasonable request/question. In this installation where I am having difficulties with Insteon Hub, I also have a PRO-100 from my HS2 days. Unfortunately for me, this house has 6 RCS thermostats and HS3 has a terrible implementation of RCS plugin in HS3 (worked great in HS2). I am tempted to continue using HS2 because of these thermostats (6 time $200 is a lot of money to change). When I disabled and then re-enabled the insteon pluing in this HS2/PRO100, it lost its license and now it can't connect to HomeSeer license server (for HS2). Is there a way for you to enable the insteon plugin on my Pro100? I would be happy to pay for a license again.

Thank you
    F

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Felix,
    i would switch the plugin to use the plm first. and then add the devices to the plugin using the plm. then cleanup links; it may be difficult to determine which device links you need to delete at first. some links are needed by the hub and some by the plm. the plugin isn't going to recognize the links created by the hub.

Leave a comment:

• chubafelix
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    Felix,
    you can use both. its been done. You of course will need to register a device in both systems if you want to control it in both.With the latest beta, there is an option " Process ACKs" that will update HS devices if you control a device from the hub. I donlt know if the insteon app will update if you control devices from HS. you will see links to the hub and plm in each device; this is required for this dual control setup.
    Mark, if I understand you correctly then:
    If my Insteon HUB app works ok with all the devices, I can just leave the hub as is or do i need to delete the links made by your plugin from HS? Probably need to delete all the HS links first. Then, I would install my USB PLM and go through the usual discovery and HS programming of each device, right? I can just use the Insteon address of each device. I should use the latest beta. That shoudl do it, right?

F

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    replied
    Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
    mnsandler is it possible for a hub and PLM modem to co-exist on same network and control same devices?
    I've been wondering the same thing since someone gave me their old Insteon Hub.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Felix,
    you can use both. its been done. You of course will need to register a device in both systems if you want to control it in both.With the latest beta, there is an option " Process ACKs" that will update HS devices if you control a device from the hub. I donlt know if the insteon app will update if you control devices from HS. you will see links to the hub and plm in each device; this is required for this dual control setup.

Leave a comment:

• chubafelix
    started a topic PLM and HUB on same network

PLM and HUB on same network

mnsandler is it possible for a hub and PLM modem to co-exist on same network and control same devices? Insteon hub being used by Insteon app and PLM USB model being used by your plugin in HS3? What problems would this cause? Thank you
Working...
X