This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Scene Toggle for 2342-242 RemoteLinc2

I set the device to 2 scene toggle mode and confirmed that both the top and bottom paddle buttons alternate the LED to red/green.
    However, in the mnsandler Insteon plug-in, only the top button seems to be recognized. It does toggle on-off in HS3. But only "Button 1" (the top button) appears in Device Management.
    Is there a way to get "Button 2" (the bottom paddle button) to register as well?

I didn't realize the single button remotelinc had this feature. I'll have to look at adding it to the plugin
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.
      FYI,
      Here's the link to the manual: https://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2342-x42.pdf
      And the section on configuring the device to toggle 2 scenes:

Comment

question, when you have the remote in 2 scene mode, does the led change from green to red on both scenes?

my test remote only seems to be sending On cmds and not Off cmds.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes. Both paddle positions toggle red-green independently and the top/up paddle position toggles on-off in your HS3 plug-in.
          The programming to get both paddle positions to toggle is a little tricky, but the procedure in the Insteon January, 2014 manual is correct if followed precisely (and may require more than one try to get it right....the beep is very hard to hear).
          FYI, I have version V2.0 1902 of the device.

Comment

Ok. I figured out the programming; just need to clean up the hs devices
            Attached Files
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Outstanding!
              Can't wait to try it out.
              I'm using the remote to "manually" open and close a greenhouse window in our master bath shower area.

Comment

While on the subject of toggle, is there any chance that you can work your magic on the (rather obscure) Insteon 2411R IRLinc Receiver?

I'm trying to use one in my home theater (migrating from a similar X10 device in a now decommissioned StarGate system). Toggle would really improve the UI.

Comment

Originally posted by Haxster View Post
                  While on the subject of toggle, is there any chance that you can work your magic on the (rather obscure) Insteon 2411R IRLinc Receiver?

I'm trying to use one in my home theater (migrating from a similar X10 device in a now decommissioned StarGate system). Toggle would really improve the UI.
                  I can't support that device any further than what i have now
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

While there may be one or two others in the universe that might benefit from an IRLinc toggle feature in HS3, I certainly understand your decision to not support this.

Comment

I posted Beta 3.0.7.15 to the Updater. I would recommend delete the existing device from the plugin and registering it as new. If you already have the device in 2 scene mode, the plugin should pick it up during registration and configure itself accordingly. if not, delete the device, do a factory reset on the device, register again, and use the plugin to change to 1 to 2 scene setup.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Latest beta still shows 3.0.7.13 in my system. I'll check again later when I'm back home.

Comment

After doing an "Update Listing", the Beta section still shows this:

Comment

I don't know what's going on with the updater; HST has been messing with it. here is the file.

shutdown hs, extract the exe to homeseer folder, and insteon.dll to bin/insteon folder, restart hs
                            Attached Files
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Not so good results. Probably pilot error (besides the two files you mentioned, there were many more in the zip file...were some of them needed too?).

Good news: After killing the plug-in, I was able to recover back to 3.0.7.1.

Bad news: Errors on start-ups:
                              Starting up....

12/6/2019 6:00:28 PM ~!~Error~!~Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: HSPI_Insteon - Copy.exe Class: HSPI_Insteon - Copy.HSPI->

And then:

Starting up....

12/6/2019 6:44:50 PM ~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_Insteon.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Insteon.exe: Method not found: 'System.String Insteon.Support.HsInterface.IHSAPI.get_DvName(Int32)'.

Maybe I should wait until 3.0.7.15 shows up in the Beta section.

Comment

Working...
                              X