New homeseer user with insteon hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New homeseer user with insteon hub

I just recently upgraded all of my x-10 devices to insteon using the new insteon hub. I just installed homeseer on a rasberry pi and purchased Marks plugin using the hub for the interface. Trying to figure out how to use it. Here are a few questions

1) Is there not a way to import all of my devices from the hub? Or do I have to manually enter all of their ID's?
    2) I would like to create an event that "if light is already off and user presses light off on switch then perform some action" Can I do that?
    3) Can an event be triggered on "fast off" (double click) from light switch?
    4) Can it trigger on scene events? I don't find any options for scenes

Welcome.
    1. the plugin will not read any info in the hub written by the insteon app. You will need to register your devices with the plugin, so the plugin can write the necessary links
    2. yes, use the insteon special trigger, device transmits an Off.
    3. yes, yse the insteon special trigger, device transmits a fast off
    4. you can build an insteon group that is controlled by a specific insteon device. no need for hs events. there are no triggers for scenes.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Thanks Mark
      Are groups the exact same thing as scenes in the hub? If I create a group and one switch is the controller is that exactly like creating a scene in the hub where one or more are the controller so the response time should be the same? I created a double tap/fast off event on a group and there is more than a 1 second delay before the lights turn off. When I trigger a scene from a light switch the response time is immediate. Is there someplace I can go to read and understand how insteon links/scenes/groups work? When I create a scene the hub has to add every switch in the scene to every other switch in the scene (which takes a long time for the all lights off scene) But then all the lights in the scene respond simultaneously. Do groups work the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by c094728 View Post
        Thanks Mark
        Are groups the exact same thing as scenes in the hub? If I create a group and one switch is the controller is that exactly like creating a scene in the hub where one or more are the controller so the response time should be the same? I created a double tap/fast off event on a group and there is more than a 1 second delay before the lights turn off. When I trigger a scene from a light switch the response time is immediate. Is there someplace I can go to read and understand how insteon links/scenes/groups work? When I create a scene the hub has to add every switch in the scene to every other switch in the scene (which takes a long time for the all lights off scene) But then all the lights in the scene respond simultaneously. Do groups work the same way?
        Groups and Scenes are the same thing. the delay is from the hub. the plugin has to poll (1 per sec) the hub for messages, and then trigger events.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
        Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
        X