X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allenc3
    replied
    Originally posted by joegr View Post

Yes, I've had this happen a few (maybe several) times now. It seems like power glitches usually are the cause.
    Yes I agree, power glitches are most likely a culprit. I have a whole house two phase spike arrestor just sitting around not installed yet. Maybe I should go ahead and install it.

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    replied
    Originally posted by Burrington View Post
    I have over 200 Insteon devices and have never seen that problem.
    200!! WoW. I have 20. Nice to know your system is so reliable.

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by allenc3 View Post
    ... I pulled out the little power disconnect switch for 10 seconds and pushed it back in and the ToggleLink came back to life and has been working fine since. ...
    Yes, I've had this happen a few (maybe several) times now. It seems like power glitches usually are the cause. It also seems that certain individual Insteon devices are more susceptible than others. I even had a keypadlinc fail permanently once when I accidentally unplugged a shop vac that was still running from the outlet next to the keypad.

Leave a comment:

• c094728
    replied
    Very uncommon I think. I would check your wire nuts. You may have a loose wire in the nut and the act of pulling and pushing on the switch may have jiggled it just enough to reconnect.

Leave a comment:

• Burrington
    replied
    I have over 200 Insteon devices and have never seen that problem. The switch you are referring to is a physical switch used to positively disable the power. Maybe yours was partially pulled out during manufacture or installation? I used to have lots of trouble with those switches on my old X10 modules, but have never had that issue with Insteon.

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    started a topic ToggleLink wall switch dropped dead

ToggleLink wall switch dropped dead

I Installed a new ToggleLink Relay wall switch a few weeks ago to control a closet light with timer off function. That works well, no prob. But a couple days ago the switch just went offline, it was totally unresponsive, the LED light on the front was off and the toggle did not control the light. I thought must be an early module failure. I pulled out the little power disconnect switch for 10 seconds and pushed it back in and the ToggleLink came back to life and has been working fine since. That did make me wonder about the reliability of the Insteon product and I realize this is more a question for SmartLabs than this group but I'm wondering if this kind of failure is rare or common among the group's experience?
Working...
X