This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd errors happening several times daily since mid Dec

I am having some trouble and I cannot really figure out why. I have tried to move the Hub to a different circuit and to other outlets, this problem keeps occuring. It started about 3 weeks ago, and occurs several times a day. The only way to clear things out seem to be to stop the plug-in and to power cycle the hub. I do get a message to grab the log file and to pass along here, so it it attached. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dec-30 6:49:33 PM Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
    Dec-30 6:49:33 PM Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/Insteon Error Report.Log
    Attached Files

the network connection to the hub seems causing the issue based on the logs. Make sure the network cable isn't running parallel to a power wire. you might try the latest beta, i did make a few changes to the hub support. backup everything first.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I think I loaded the latest beta before that log, but perhaps not. But I have 1807 running right now and had the problem twice this morning (when it happens most). I moved the network cable a couple of times in the past week (and even to a switch and a different cable). I will look at the wires and where they all specifically are, move them some (specifically like you mention) and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

I verified that the network cable is not running parallel to power. I actually have moved it to several different places in the house and used different network cables. This morning I even powered down all cord connected network devices along with router and modem ( attempting to clear the lines so to speak.) Problem seems to be getting worse. I am guessing from your response that I may just have a bad hub and I may just give up on it and move to an ISY device (which I have sitting here new in box, never touched). Can you peek at the latest log and validate that it is a network issue and not something else that I am missing? It network issue, I am assuming bad nic or something on the hub.
        Attached Files

Comment

something is causing the network connection to drop in and out.

have you tried different switch ports? also, have you tried a factory reset on the hub?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

yes on the different ports. I have not tried the Factory Reset, I guess I may as well try that next.
            I will report back.
            Thanks!

Comment

This AM I removed all wired connections to network other than Insteon Hub. I had 2 wireless computers up and all other wireless devices down. I then added in HomeTroller directly to router. Then after a little while I received errors. So, I think next step is the factory reset, it can only be the hub, router or HomeTroller, and Insteon is the only thing that seems to be an issue here. I have not dug around a lot yet; but such a reset means that I need to reset all of my devices, correct? (26 or so in wall keypads and switches). Or is that all saved somewhere and the hub will find them upon restart? I am reluctant to try until I know I can dedicate several hours to study what to do and want needs done.

Oh, and thanks for taking the time to look at and advise.
              Attached Files

Comment

you do not need to reset the devices; only the hub. the plugin can reprogram it. the entire process only takes a few minutes
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I am gonna give the reset a go...is it as simple as stoping the Plug-In, factory reset the hub and restart the plug in? Must I select one of the options in the plug in? Such as 'Update Interface Database'?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tomehome View Post
                    I am gonna give the reset a go...is it as simple as stoping the Plug-In, factory reset the hub and restart the plug in? Must I select one of the options in the plug in? Such as 'Update Interface Database'?

Thanks!
                    that will work.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working with Insteon/Smarthome support on this, looks like they are planning to migrate my hub. Once migrated, is it simple enough to just change the configuration settings to make it work seamlessly? Or will there be a bunch of redefining things in HomeSeer? If it will be a bit of a big deal, I would almost rather run out and quickly buy a hub today and replace things (vs waiting a week or so for the migrated hub), or use the ISY994 device I have sitting in a box here.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Comment

you can use the swap/replace interface routine on the config page to replace the hub used with the plugin. the routine will visit each device and reprogram any link with the new hub ID. you can run the swap routine a few times if it has trouble reprogram some devices; it will only try to reprogram a link if it has the old ID
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok, thanks for your help! I will let you know how it goes when I get the replacement up and running.

Comment

Thanks for all of your help Mark! Yesterday I received a new migrated hub from from smarthome. Swapped the old out and I have not had a single problem. So, as I suspected there was something not well with the old hub.

Thanks again for your help and advice!

Comment

Originally posted by tomehome View Post
                              Thanks for all of your help Mark! Yesterday I received a new migrated hub from from smarthome. Swapped the old out and I have not had a single problem. So, as I suspected there was something not well with the old hub.

Thanks again for your help and advice!
                              glad you got it working. thanks for reporting back.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X