This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting PLM

I want to try resetting my PLM as a last resort before I junk it and order a new one. Is there anything I need to know before I hit Reset and Reprogram Interface? Should I backup my insteon.ini? Anything else?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Jim
    as long as the plugin can communicate with the plm, the reset and reprogram is all you need to do. nothing is changed in the insteon.ini
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did Reset and Reprogram Interface in the past, facing the same type of questioning about my PLM and although it did not fix the problem, it did not cause any arm. That being said I always like to make a full copy of the whole HomeSeer folder when I'm about to make major changes on top of my daily drive BUP.

I'm running on my 3rd PLM as they seem to fail after a few years. If your network was running fine and recently you noticed lost of reliability...chances are it's time to buy a new one as things will only get worst. I remember seeing a post about someone who had pinpoint the failing part inside the unit but can't remember how I stumbled on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
        I did Reset and Reprogram Interface in the past, facing the same type of questioning about my PLM and although it did not fix the problem, it did not cause any arm. That being said I always like to make a full copy of the whole HomeSeer folder when I'm about to make major changes on top of my daily drive BUP.

I'm running on my 3rd PLM as they seem to fail after a few years. If your network was running fine and recently you noticed lost of reliability...chances are it's time to buy a new one as things will only get worst. I remember seeing a post about someone who had pinpoint the failing part inside the unit but can't remember how I stumbled on it.
        The Reset and Reprogram is now in my rear-view, it seemed to help somewhat, but then I sort of narrowed things down to [her]. You know.....Alexa . SHHHHH! She's listing half of my devices as "unresponsive." Those same devices almost all work fine through the web page. So that's not the PLM, that's........[her].

But thanks, I now have been through a Reset and Reprogram without disaster.

Jim Speiser
        38-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
        X