Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon Plug in stops working after power interruptions (HS3 Rpi3b+)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ve3bwp
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    The plugin does not know when a power failure occurs. It just knows when it can't communicate with the Interface (ie PLM). So if it has troubles 10 times in a row, it will shut itself down, otherwise it will continue to throw errors into the HS log (which people didn't want)

There are event actions you can use to disable and enable the plugin in an event of power loss. You will need some other trigger however.
    Hi Mark, thanks for this info. I do have a power fail detector. It’s a wall wart powered relay whose contacts are connected to an i/o module. So how do i use this in an event to reset the plug in? Tested example please?

please advise.

thanks and regards,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    The plugin does not know when a power failure occurs. It just knows when it can't communicate with the Interface (ie PLM). So if it has troubles 10 times in a row, it will shut itself down, otherwise it will continue to throw errors into the HS log (which people didn't want)

There are event actions you can use to disable and enable the plugin in an event of power loss. You will need some other trigger however.

Leave a comment:

• Insteon Plug in stops working after power interruptions (HS3 Rpi3b+)

The insteon plugin stops working after a power interruption. Coming home to a dark house or lights on during the day. Sometimes disable/enable plugin brings it back but most time have to reboot HS3. It just happened yesterday. See screen shot below. Rpi is on UPS power and PLM is plugged directly into AC line. Need to improve power fail resilience. How should I proceed? Specifics on getting logs off Rpi. Pls advise. Thanks.
Working...
X