X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Remote 8 Scene

Mark,

With Mini Remote Switches they work as controller for a scene okay. But is there any way to set Mini_Remote_8 Button A to On/OFF.

I cant seem to see them in an event.

I have the mini remotes set as 'status only' in HS. so changing the status via code or event isn't supported. These devices are controllers only. Honestly, you should probably just hide them from view. You really only need to see them for building triggers, and creating links.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

What I wanted to do was to have button A turn on Movie Scene and then Button B turn off Movie Scene. Maybe you could add some other state than Toggle ON or Toggle OFF.
      Like Trigger so when a scene see Button A we execute the links in the (Movie On) Group to the Hard Coded States. then we could do the do the same for Button 2 (B).
      Joe.

Comment

Use the "Insteon special triggers" "Transmits an On Command" OR "Transmits an Off Command". That way the event triggers when the button is pushed regardless of whether it was already on or off. I use that all the time and it works great.

Comment

Joe,
          the remotes don't support on-only toggle or off-only toggle. the 4 btn remotes have on/off on separate btns, but you get fewer controls
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Joe, I think this is what you're trying to do. I turn some of the buttons on my 8 button remotes into 4 button (sort of) by using:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snip.png
Views:	107
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1355731
            This way the event is triggered by Button H regardless of whether it was previously On or Off.

Comment

Yes that's how i did it before with HomeSeer was events, but i wanted it to work with Insteon Scene.

If Button A Transmit On
              then Set Device_Group_3_On to ON. .... this is strictly devices to On.
              If Button A Transmit Off
              then Set Device_Group_3_Off to ON. .... this is mixed mode some devices to Off and some devices to On.

We would have to have some way in the Group to say this devices Ignore what State was being set.

Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
                Yes that's how i did it before with HomeSeer was events, but i wanted it to work with Insteon Scene.

If Button A Transmit On
                then Set Device_Group_3_On to ON. .... this is strictly devices to On.
                If Button A Transmit Off
                then Set Device_Group_3_Off to ON. .... this is mixed mode some devices to Off and some devices to On.

We would have to have some way in the Group to say this devices Ignore what State was being set.

Joe.
                using links, you can turn devices Off even when the controller device is set On. you just have the on-level to Zero, or Off

but if the controller is turned Off, every linked device will go Off too
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, that is the issue i am with this.

Comment

Yes, that is the issue I am having with type of programming, for scene.

Comment

have you tried messing with the Toggle Buttons setting. if you disable this, the button will send the same signal with each press. My guess is it sends an On, but you will need to test.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I don't know how to disable that button? I just tried setting the ProgOpt for toggle from default On to off works the same way.

Comment

You can't change a single button. its all or nothing. Did you check the hs logs to see what each button is transmitting (On or Off) with each press? what did you find?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

YES in HS i can change Button Values. But on matter what i do they still transmit an on or off. in the logs. I even tried to change the HS group so 100 = On and 0 = Alt On.

Comment

Should say no matter what i set in group or in mini 8 i have changed them to 100 = On and 0 = Alt. On. Insteon just transmit an On and Off

Comment

Working...
                              X