X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
    Like I said above, I have changed HS and Insteon with no change on the outcome. i think i going back to and event based trigger. But I do have one question... Why when we use groups with a controller seem faster than when we use a group in and event. When using a group and a Controller it seems 5 times faster than the event.

Joe
    there is no magic here. insteon groups only use insteon links to control the other insteon devices. there is no HS involved other than to update status after the fact. So groups members respond almost immediately to the controller device. When you use events/actions, the plugin interact with HS and send out individual commands based on the event definition which is much slower. hs must wait for the controller message, initiate the trigger, and then send out commands for the actions. much slower

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    Like I said above, I have changed HS and Insteon with no change on the outcome. i think i going back to and event based trigger. But I do have one question... Why when we use groups with a controller seem faster than when we use a group in and event. When using a group and a Controller it seems 5 times faster than the event.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    I tried Changing Both INSTEON and HS

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    I think the way to handle it is in HS for Mini 8 Button we had an option to Set Ignore ON/OFF command for each button so that what would happen is you would not send the command. But that will not work, because that Button A is in the Group Control. Too bad we can not just set the Mini 8 to only send an ON command.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Joe, in post #11 above, i was referring to the insteon op flag setting within the plugin. changing the hs values isn't going to change how the insteon device works.

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    Should say no matter what i set in group or in mini 8 i have changed them to 100 = On and 0 = Alt. On. Insteon just transmit an On and Off

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    YES in HS i can change Button Values. But on matter what i do they still transmit an on or off. in the logs. I even tried to change the HS group so 100 = On and 0 = Alt On.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    You can't change a single button. its all or nothing. Did you check the hs logs to see what each button is transmitting (On or Off) with each press? what did you find?

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    I don't know how to disable that button? I just tried setting the ProgOpt for toggle from default On to off works the same way.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    have you tried messing with the Toggle Buttons setting. if you disable this, the button will send the same signal with each press. My guess is it sends an On, but you will need to test.

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    Yes, that is the issue I am having with type of programming, for scene.

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    Yes, that is the issue i am with this.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
    Yes that's how i did it before with HomeSeer was events, but i wanted it to work with Insteon Scene.

If Button A Transmit On
    then Set Device_Group_3_On to ON. .... this is strictly devices to On.
    If Button A Transmit Off
    then Set Device_Group_3_Off to ON. .... this is mixed mode some devices to Off and some devices to On.

We would have to have some way in the Group to say this devices Ignore what State was being set.

Joe.
    using links, you can turn devices Off even when the controller device is set On. you just have the on-level to Zero, or Off

but if the controller is turned Off, every linked device will go Off too

Leave a comment:

• JRomstadt
    replied
    Yes that's how i did it before with HomeSeer was events, but i wanted it to work with Insteon Scene.

If Button A Transmit On
    then Set Device_Group_3_On to ON. .... this is strictly devices to On.
    If Button A Transmit Off
    then Set Device_Group_3_Off to ON. .... this is mixed mode some devices to Off and some devices to On.

We would have to have some way in the Group to say this devices Ignore what State was being set.

Joe.

Leave a comment:

• Burrington
    replied
    Joe, I think this is what you're trying to do. I turn some of the buttons on my 8 button remotes into 4 button (sort of) by using:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snip.png
Views:	62
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1355731
    This way the event is triggered by Button H regardless of whether it was previously On or Off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X