X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 BUTTON Key Pad Link

Mark,

I know we have talked before about this, but is this the best way to toggle a device on and off key pad link using 2 buttons?
    This is the only way i can get everything to look right when setting via HS control panel.

Joe

That looks right. you can create a insteon group to control the amy fan and lights, and the use one insteon acti0n to control them at once
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

That actually did not end up working correctly, but this is what i did do.
      1) Set the 6 Button Key Link to Toggle ON for Buttons A (On) & B (Off)
      2) In Buttons Links I Linked A (On) to turn Off Button (B) and turn on Micro Fan Module. Note; just linked not crossed link.
      Then Linked Button B (Off) to turn off Button (A) and then turn off Micro Fan Module. Again did not cross link then.
      3) Then went in to Device Control set Buttons A & B to Status Only.
      4) Then created two manual events to turn device on & off by scheduler, because if one used HS to turn On/Off buttons would get out of sync and Device would never go off.

The only thing I don't know is how a power off catch up would change this...

In the end it works as it should fan goes on when user press button A(On) and A(On) Light comes on and button *B(Off) light goes out, then when the user presses button B(Off)
      Fan goes off and Button A(On) light goes off and Button B(Off) light goes On.
      Just seems like a lot of work to keep every thing in sync, but at least it is done.
      ​​​​​​​
      Joe

Comment

Working...
      X