Initial setup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial setup issues

Not having much luck getting over the initial hump setting up my new HomeTroller SEL and the Insteon Plug-in. I have two options being the PowerLinc 2413U and an Insteon Hub. Unfortunately all I have managed to get so far for Plug-in Status is: "WARNIG: Please check the interface.....". Actually initially I did have "OK" for the status, but attempts to add devices with the Plug-in was not successful. I attempted to correct this by changing the Interface Port. No reason other than it seemed to be a good idea. Since then, For the 2413U, I have tried /dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1, and /dev/ttyUSB0 without success.

Then I tried to connect the Plug-in to the Insteon Hub. It's IP address is 192.168.1.22 and I entered 192.168.1.22.80:25105. Not sure what the "25105" is for, but I saw it is some of the documentation. This was not successful. The Hub works. I had the Hub unplugged while attempting to setup the Plug-in with the 2413U.

When changing Interface Port setting I have tried a combination of Disable/Enable the Plug-in, restarting HomeSeer, restarting of the HomeTroller, cold boot of the HomeTroller, unplugging and plugin in of the 2413U. I even tried a "Factory Reset" of the 2413U by holding the set button and plugging into power. The status light would stay red as long as I held the button and when released after a brief wait, the status light change to white.

The HomeTroller SEL is connected to the home network by WiFi.

Current Date/Time: 1/28/2020 9:58:10 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerSELv4 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 44 Minutes 6 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.22
    Number of Devices: 5
    Number of Events: 1
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.7.1: Insteon
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

You entered "192.168.1.22.80:25105".

I think
    25105 is the correct port number for a hub. You have an extra ".80" in the address. Leave out the .80 since you are using port 25105. So, I think you want "192.168.1.22:25105".

Comment

to see the available ports for use with the PLM, hover your mouse over the ? next to the "Interface Port". it will likely have USB in the name
      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
      Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

I was in error for the IP for the HUB. It is actually 192.168.1.2. I tried 192.168.1.2:80,
        192.168.1.2:25105 as well as other combinations and no luck. I called Insteon regarding the Username for the HUB in case there is a specific device username and pwd. it appears that the Username is my email address being the same as the account with Insteon. Tried that as well as <blank>, admin, ADMIN, and others. Still no luck.

As for the avaialble ports, i did hover over the ? and tried several of the ports. Interestng that when i used, for example, /dev/ttyUSB0, saved it and then when it failed, I would try a different port. When checking again for avaialble ports, I found that /dev/ttyUSB0 was still available. Seems that the Inability to communcate with the Insteion powerline interface resulting the port not being used and is still available.

Comment

please try the following from a browser

enter http://192.168.1.2:25105

you should be prompted for a username/pswd; you should be able to find this info on the bottom of the hub.

any username/pswd that you use with your insteon app or the insteon website will not work here
          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting

Comment

Thanks, definitely worth the try to include "http://", but unfortunately did not work. To be certain, I am my Insteon HUB online Username and Password in the fields provided in the plugin. Is this correct. I have talked with Smarthome and they are not aware of any other Password and Username.

Comment

OOPS, jumped too quickly to try the IP address and did not read the last sentence of your post.

Comment

OK, found the Username and Password on the bottom of the HUB that Smarthome did not know exists. Adding "http://" before the IP address caused the Username and Password fields to go away. Unfortunately using the IP address 192.168.1.2:25105 and the Username and Password from the bottom of the HUB was not successful

Comment

Just tried to connect directly to the Insteon HUB from the browser and using the Username and Password from the bottom of the device and was able to connect and got the following data from the HUB

INSTEON HUB2 Details
                  Hub2-V04-20140904
                  PLM Version:A4
                  Firmware:1018 Build Aug 16 2019 15:58:42
                  Insteon ID:4E.89.C9

Comment

Just order another 2413U to replace the existing one. The one I am attempting to connect is quite old that was used with my old HS2 system. It was working before being retired to a box when we sold that house.

Comment

OK so now we know the port ip address, username and pswd

now go back to the plugin config page

for the interface port enter 192.168.1.2:25105 (do not add anything else to the entry)

and use the same username/pswd from the bottom

click save

you may need to restart the plugin if it doesn't connect
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

OK, something odd is going on. I tried what you suggested and still not successful. Then I restarted Disable/Enabled the Plug-in and check the Plug-in status as well as restarting the Hometroller, both of which did not impact the Plug-in status. I went back and tried putting the HTTP:// back in and of course, it did not work. But here is where it gets strange. To get the Username and Password fields back, I removed the "http://" with 192.168.1.2:25105. but then needed to save the change to get the Username and Password field back. Without either Username or Password entered the Plug-in configuration connected to the HUB with the Plug-in status "OK".

When I went to the Insteon Configuration page, there was no option to manage or enter new devices. However, I went back to the Plug-in manage page, Disabled/Enabled the Insteon plug-in and when I opened the page for Configuration, the tabs "Main Configuration Page", "Manage Devices", and "Manage Groups" were there and I successfully added the first device.

Right now it is working, but I am a bit concerned regarding reliability. A huge investment of time to add 58 devices to the HUB when I have a replacement 2413U ordered.

Any idea what is the cause for the issues.

Comment

Can you post a screen shot of your plugin config page. And what hub do you have ? Square or rectangular ? Is there a model number ?

i would suggest waiting for the plm if that is your preference.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Also post the HS startup log. I want to see the plugin log entries
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Attached is the screen shot of the Configuration page. The HUB is the square one, model number 2245-222 rev 3.1-2318.

Comment

Working...
                              X