Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the Startup Log, not sure where that log is. I am at a disadvantage with LINUX so even if I know where the Config for log files, I don't know how to get to it to copy it. My previous HomeTroller was Windows based.

I did find a log in the HS UI that presently is filling with Z-Wave errors. See the attached screen shot for a small sample of repetitive error messages

Comment

By-the-way, really appreciate the assistance. There always has to be that odd duck in a group and I guess in this case I'm the one. Thanks for hanging in there.

Comment

Happy to help. The config page looks good. The log that i'm looking for is after you start HS. I'm only looking for Insteon log entries. I just want to see that the plugin is connecting to the Hub correctly. We can set this aside until you get the PLM
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I truly appreciate the assistance. Very frustrating when something so awesome hits a snag. Turns out to have been a setting issue with the Z-wave plug-in that was causing the Insteon Plug-in not to work. Now it gets a little confusing as I had not changed anything with the Z-Wave plug-in. 90% of my devices are Insteon so I was starting (struggling) with Insteon first. HomeSeer Tech support says they don't configure the HomeTroller. That is up to the customer. Could be I have a Poltergeist in my HomeTroller.

Comment

so it sounds like Insteon is working now, can you confirm?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the amazing assistance and patience. Turns out the problem was with a setting for the Z-wave plug-in that was causing the issues. The Insteon plug-in works great.

Comment

Originally posted by scaleste View Post
                Thanks for the amazing assistance and patience. Turns out the problem was with a setting for the Z-wave plug-in that was causing the issues. The Insteon plug-in works great.
                You are very welcome. Can you elaborate on the z-wave plugin setting issue. i think this will help me/others who run into the same thing. A screen shot might be nice
                Last edited by mnsandler; January 29, 2020, 01:21 PM. Reason: A screen shot might be nice
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X