X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by scaleste View Post
    Thanks for the amazing assistance and patience. Turns out the problem was with a setting for the Z-wave plug-in that was causing the issues. The Insteon plug-in works great.
    You are very welcome. Can you elaborate on the z-wave plugin setting issue. i think this will help me/others who run into the same thing. A screen shot might be nice
    Last edited by mnsandler; January 29, 2020, 01:21 PM. Reason: A screen shot might be nice

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    Thanks for the amazing assistance and patience. Turns out the problem was with a setting for the Z-wave plug-in that was causing the issues. The Insteon plug-in works great.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    so it sounds like Insteon is working now, can you confirm?

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    I truly appreciate the assistance. Very frustrating when something so awesome hits a snag. Turns out to have been a setting issue with the Z-wave plug-in that was causing the Insteon Plug-in not to work. Now it gets a little confusing as I had not changed anything with the Z-Wave plug-in. 90% of my devices are Insteon so I was starting (struggling) with Insteon first. HomeSeer Tech support says they don't configure the HomeTroller. That is up to the customer. Could be I have a Poltergeist in my HomeTroller.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Happy to help. The config page looks good. The log that i'm looking for is after you start HS. I'm only looking for Insteon log entries. I just want to see that the plugin is connecting to the Hub correctly. We can set this aside until you get the PLM

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    By-the-way, really appreciate the assistance. There always has to be that odd duck in a group and I guess in this case I'm the one. Thanks for hanging in there.

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    As for the Startup Log, not sure where that log is. I am at a disadvantage with LINUX so even if I know where the Config for log files, I don't know how to get to it to copy it. My previous HomeTroller was Windows based.

I did find a log in the HS UI that presently is filling with Z-Wave errors. See the attached screen shot for a small sample of repetitive error messages

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    Attached is the screen shot of the Configuration page. The HUB is the square one, model number 2245-222 rev 3.1-2318.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Also post the HS startup log. I want to see the plugin log entries

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Can you post a screen shot of your plugin config page. And what hub do you have ? Square or rectangular ? Is there a model number ?

i would suggest waiting for the plm if that is your preference.

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    OK, something odd is going on. I tried what you suggested and still not successful. Then I restarted Disable/Enabled the Plug-in and check the Plug-in status as well as restarting the Hometroller, both of which did not impact the Plug-in status. I went back and tried putting the HTTP:// back in and of course, it did not work. But here is where it gets strange. To get the Username and Password fields back, I removed the "http://" with 192.168.1.2:25105. but then needed to save the change to get the Username and Password field back. Without either Username or Password entered the Plug-in configuration connected to the HUB with the Plug-in status "OK".

When I went to the Insteon Configuration page, there was no option to manage or enter new devices. However, I went back to the Plug-in manage page, Disabled/Enabled the Insteon plug-in and when I opened the page for Configuration, the tabs "Main Configuration Page", "Manage Devices", and "Manage Groups" were there and I successfully added the first device.

Right now it is working, but I am a bit concerned regarding reliability. A huge investment of time to add 58 devices to the HUB when I have a replacement 2413U ordered.

Any idea what is the cause for the issues.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    OK so now we know the port ip address, username and pswd

now go back to the plugin config page

for the interface port enter 192.168.1.2:25105 (do not add anything else to the entry)

and use the same username/pswd from the bottom

click save

you may need to restart the plugin if it doesn't connect

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    Just order another 2413U to replace the existing one. The one I am attempting to connect is quite old that was used with my old HS2 system. It was working before being retired to a box when we sold that house.

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    Just tried to connect directly to the Insteon HUB from the browser and using the Username and Password from the bottom of the device and was able to connect and got the following data from the HUB

INSTEON HUB2 Details
    Hub2-V04-20140904
    PLM Version:A4
    Firmware:1018 Build Aug 16 2019 15:58:42
    Insteon ID:4E.89.C9

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    OK, found the Username and Password on the bottom of the HUB that Smarthome did not know exists. Adding "http://" before the IP address caused the Username and Password fields to go away. Unfortunately using the IP address 192.168.1.2:25105 and the Username and Password from the bottom of the HUB was not successful

Leave a comment:

Working...
X