X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

if you are still having trouble, post a pic of the screen that you need hlep with.

the create link section allows you to create links between the given device, and any device that shows in the responder list. but you can only have one link from a controller to a given responder.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what you could do with more than one link from one device to one other device? Anyway, to be clear, you can have more than one link to more than one responder. For example, one switch can control two, three, or ever how many lamp modules. Also, it seems that different buttons on keypadlincs count as different responders.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by allenc3 View Post

OH yes, I see that now, very useful. I edited a ramp rate and On dim level for a lamp link that I could not understand why there where two different dim levels when turning on from HS3 and Mini button. I see that we can edit a link and delete a link not not create a link. Or is that create link between two devices at bottom of page how we create a new link? I thought that was real-time control between two devices being done through HS3 like an event can do. Are you saying that creates a link in the two device databases the same as when we click a controller button and click a responder button? Can we create more than one link? I don’t see how because there is only a place for one link per device.
    if you are still having trouble, post a pic of the screen that you need hlep with.

the create link section allows you to create links between the given device, and any device that shows in the responder list. but you can only have one link from a controller to a given responder.

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by allenc3 View Post
    ...Or is that create link between two devices at bottom of page how we create a new link? I thought that was real-time control between two devices being done through HS3 like an event can do. Are you saying that creates a link in the two device databases the same as when we click a controller button and click a responder button? Can we create more than one link? I don’t see how because there is only a place for one link per device.
    Yes, that creates links directly between devices. The only HS involvement is to keep the devices status correct in HS. HS does not have to be running for the links to work. You can create as many links as the devices can hold, you just have to do it one at a time. (As soon as you create the link and it is written, you can fill in another one.)

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    replied
    Edit links is available from a given device
    OH yes, I see that now, very useful. I edited a ramp rate and On dim level for a lamp link that I could not understand why there where two different dim levels when turning on from HS3 and Mini button. I see that we can edit a link and delete a link not not create a link. Or is that create link between two devices at bottom of page how we create a new link? I thought that was real-time control between two devices being done through HS3 like an event can do. Are you saying that creates a link in the two device databases the same as when we click a controller button and click a responder button? Can we create more than one link? I don’t see how because there is only a place for one link per device.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Edit links is available from a given device

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    replied
    The create link section is at the bottom of the edit links page.
    I see no “edit links” page in HS3 Insteon Plugin.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    The create link section is at the bottom of the edit links page.

Leave a comment:

• jameseoconnor
    replied
    How do you create links between devices in the plugin? I do not see that command on the Device Link Table page. I see Delete selected links and Update selected links but no option to create additional links.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    the existing links will not be overwritten. the plugin will read the existing links and then write its new links in free space in the database. if the plugin can reuse the existing links, it will otherwise it will write additional links.

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    replied
    Thanks, what about existing links in the switches? Are they overwritten or remain in addition to links via HS?

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Yes, it's way better to create the links via HS. The links are still programmed into the devices, and the links still work when HS is off.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Tom
    most insteon devices have an internal link database to store links. The PLM also has a link database. I would recommend using my plugin to create/manage all the links. the links will still work even if HS isn't running.

Leave a comment:

• scaleste
    started a topic Where are links between devices stored?

Where are links between devices stored?

Where are the links between devices actually stored when initiated from HS. My practice has been to manually create links between devices that by the nature of their installation, must be linked. For example, two Insteon Switches installed in a 3-way switch arrangement. By manually creating essential links the switches function regardless if the HomeSeer is connected or not. We are now automating our 4th home. I did not have to change any switches or rewire travelers in the previous houses after we sold them.

When I use HS and the Insteon Plug-in, if the links are store in the actual switches (PLCs) then I should not have to do any manual links.

Thanks,
    Tom.
Working...
X