Migrating from ISY994i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating from ISY994i

Hi, I'm migrating from an ISY which just died and I figured it was finally time to move to a better home automation platform. I need some advice as for the best way to migrate my Insteon devices. Do I reuse the same PLM (which is 8 years old now) or should I use a new one? Is there an easy way to add back all of my devices (possibly getting some info from the ISY backup file)?

Welcome to the forum.
    My plugin does not have an import feature or automated registration process, so you will need to manually add each device to the plugin. This will create the necessary links, and hs devices. you do not need to change anything on any of your devices. the plugin will read in the existing links.

since you already have a working plm (with links to your devices), i would suggest starting with that. after you get everything work, you can 'swap' it out using the 'swap/replace' function to reprogram your devices.

if you have further questions, please post them to this thread.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

ephrayim Over a year ago I wanted to migrate away from ISY (it only control my Insteon devices). But not being able to easily move my 50+ devices stopped me from doing it. If mnsandler 's Insteon pluging had a way to migrate the existing devices in HS, I suspect many of us would get the plugin, and get rid of our ISY. For now, I kept the ISY and still use Bob's plugin since its just too much work, and more $, for no benefit (from what I see?)

Comment

Ltek I hear you. I also would not have bothered had my ISY not died on me. I'm wondering if the ISY's backup files can be easily opened so I can view the devices address and easily add them to mnsandler 's plugin. I don't have a backup file currently with me but I am hoping I can find one that I saved somewhere.

Comment

mnsandler Can I use the tap-adds feature to add switches and dimmers instead of inputing the device address? I was a bit confused by the instructions to use it for the MorningLink. Tap-add I think would be much easier if I cannot recover a list of devices and their address.

Comment

Originally posted by ephrayim View Post
            mnsandler Can I use the tap-adds feature to add switches and dimmers instead of inputing the device address? I was a bit confused by the instructions to use it for the MorningLink. Tap-add I think would be much easier if I cannot recover a list of devices and their address.
            yes, tap add will work.
            once the plugin recognizes it, you will need to set the device name and location and then use the "program device for homeseer" function.

the reason i prefer the manual add is you just enter the name, location, and ID and the plugin does the rest
            Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
            Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
            X