X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pyspilf
    replied
    OK. And this time my email is correct so I was notified

anything I can help with in relation to this plugin, just let me know. It’s been working very reliably. Only issues I’ve seen (but probably more related to X10 and the nature of its comm protocol) are slow response times and not very reliable dimming.

In general, a very nice solution for those of us who haven’t phased out this technology completely yet.

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    i think we're good. thanks

Leave a comment:

• pyspilf
    replied
    I’m sorry I missed this!!! My email was set wrong in my profile so I didn’t get the notification...

any way I can help? Sorry for such a late reply!

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
    Thanks for such a fast turnaround, Mark, that fixed it! All working great now

Cheers

Sandro
    thanks for reporting back. you can post a few log entries so others can see what to expect when the run the routine.

Leave a comment:

• pyspilf
    replied
    Thanks for such a fast turnaround, Mark, that fixed it! All working great now

Cheers

Sandro

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    the issue was the routine wasn't looking for devices with an Interface=X10 value. I added that check. please backup your system before updating and running.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    i just posted 3.0.7.19 in the Beta section of the updater. Please give this a try and report back. Just Install, and run the Update X10 Devices routine again. i added some logging to tell us if the routine did anything. Please post back the log entries

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Nothing odd. But it shouldn't be that difficult to fix. I'll add some logging to the routine as well.

Leave a comment:

• pyspilf
    replied
    oh, thx Mark... did you see anything odd? These devices have been there since HS2 and migrated over to HS3... haven't touched them in ages...

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    I'll check the code for the update x10 function. it should be able to fix this

Leave a comment:

• pyspilf
    replied
    Here you are, Mark. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Can you post some pics of an existing x10 device tabs. I need to see all the settings

Leave a comment:

• pyspilf
    replied
    Oh, and of course, on all the old devices there is no insteon tab, just in case it's useful info...

Leave a comment:

• pyspilf
    replied
    So, yes, creating the device from scratch and saving as insteon X10 results in it working just fine...

It's a bit impractical to have to do this for all the X10 devices I have though... any idea?

Thx Mark

Cheers

Sandro

Leave a comment:

• pyspilf
    replied
    Mark,

so I changed the logging level in the plugin to detailed, and then ran the update X10 devices again... after a few seconds thinking it just refreshed the page. Nothing was logged. I filtered the log for insteon and this is all there is (ignore the xxx bits, just me removing IP addresses and MAC IDs...)

Feb-13 19:55:41 Starting Plug-In Plugin Insteon started successfully in 13650 milliseconds
    Feb-13 19:55:41 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Insteon
    Feb-13 19:55:41 Starting Plug-In Insteon loaded in 15064 milliseconds
    Feb-13 19:55:31 Insteon PLM contacted on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25105 with an Insteon address of xx.xx.xx and firmware version 9D
    Feb-13 19:55:27 Insteon Insteon Support library (Insteon.dll) version: 1.0.7.1
    Feb-13 19:55:27 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Insteon ...
    Feb-13 19:55:27 Info Plugin Insteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49284
    Feb-13 19:55:26 Plug-In Interface Insteon is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
    Feb-13 19:54:59 Plug-In Found plug-in: Insteon, version: 3.0.7.1
    Now I will try and create a new device as requested and let you know what happens...

It would seem the plugin is not able to change the device's interface but it's odd even on detailed logging no error shows up, isn't it?

Sandro

Leave a comment:

Working...
X