X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allenc3
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

The plugin config pages do not actually display any device status. This is only available from standard homeseer dev mgmt page
    That’s what I thought. They are seeing device status in HomeSeer, not in the Insteon plugin. Semantics.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by allenc3 View Post
    I’ve seen several posts recently about various devices not showing their status and each post mentions the Insteon plugin shows this or that status or light device on or off. I am not aware that the plugin ever shows device on off or dim status. Where can that status be seen in the plugin?
    The plugin config pages do not actually display any device status. This is only available from standard homeseer dev mgmt page

Leave a comment:

• Krumpy
    replied
    What do you mean, "
    Where can that status be seen in the plugin?"... I am looking at the status of the device for status.

Mark: I'll pay more attention to this and troubleshoot accordingly. It is random light. What is odd is that it gets the ON but not the OFF. At least the ones that I have noticed. Like I said, I will pay more attention...

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    replied
    I’ve seen several posts recently about various devices not showing their status and each post mentions the Insteon plugin shows this or that status or light device on or off. I am not aware that the plugin ever shows device on off or dim status. Where can that status be seen in the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Can you narrow it down to a particular electrical circuit, time of day, or does it coincide with other electrical events (e.g. running appliances)? Some bulbs can cause problems too.

sometimes noise on the powerline can cause the PLM not to see a status message. Or if you have another device causing RF interference, that can be a problem too.

if it were most your devices most of the time, then i would suggest a reset and reprogram of the interface. there is a routine on the config page to do this.

what do the comm numbers look like for the devices in question?

Leave a comment:

• Krumpy
    started a topic Lighting status not accurately reflected in HS

Lighting status not accurately reflected in HS

Ok, silly question.... I have noticed that frequently the actual status of a light does not reflect accurately in the plugin. For example, I have certain lights right now which are actually off (were on a few minutes ago) and the plugin still think that they are on. I have noticed this many times in the past year and actually posting about it.

Different lights, and comes and goes... It tracks the lights going on, just sometimes doesn't track them going off....

If I query the status via HS then the status is updated.

Thoughts?
Working...
X