X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upstatemike
    replied
    Originally posted by allenc3 View Post

OK thx. And every device receiving a command acknowledges it back by broadcast everywhere I guess?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    replied
    Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
    Insteon is a broadcast protocol rather than a routed one. Every device repeats everything so I don't know how you could tell the route of the signal ultimately heard by the destination device.
    OK thx. And every device receiving a command acknowledges it back by broadcast everywhere I guess?

Leave a comment:

• upstatemike
    replied
    Insteon is a broadcast protocol rather than a routed one. Every device repeats everything so I don't know how you could tell the route of the signal ultimately heard by the destination device.

Leave a comment:

• allenc3
    started a topic Insteon network paths

Insteon network paths

Is there any way to read or otherwise see what path is taken to send or receive commands to and from Insteon modules and the PLM and plugin? I am curious as to how the signal goes from the PLM to the house wiring to a dual band device then via RF to another dual band device back into the house wiring and on to the intended device. Or is that totally handled inside the Insteon protocol and not knowable outside that system?
Working...
X