This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freenas/Free BSD Jails. Cannot get modem to initalize

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any experience using this plugin with freeBSD Jails.

Freenas 11.3
    Jails 11.3-release-p7
    devfs_ruleset '3'
    mount_devfs enabled
    enforce_statfs '0'
    allow_mount enabled
    allow_mount_devfs enabled

I can see the devices
    /dev/cuaU0
    /dev/cuaU0.init
    /dev/cuaU0.lock

The insteon plugin tells me it is unable to communicate with the device and the homeseer console is spamming out
    "[Insteon]->Port_DataReceived Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" repeatedly.

what ports does the plugin recognize? hover over the ? after the Port field.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      what ports does the plugin recognize? hover over the ? after the Port field.
      Hi Mark thanks for stopping by. I a fairly large list.
      /dev/ttyU0
      /dev/ttyU0.init
      /dev/ttyU0.lock
      /dev/ttyv0
      /dev/ttyv1
      /dev/ttyv2
      /dev/ttyv3
      /dev/ttyv4
      /dev/ttyv5
      /dev/ttyv6
      /dev/ttyv7
      /dev/ttyv8
      /dev/ttyv9
      /dev/ttyva
      /dev/ttyvb

from my understanding /dev/ttyU0 is the same interface. When i select this device is get a repeating
      [Insteon]->Port_DataReceived Error: Specified port is not open.

I am going to fiddle with permissions a little and check back. I will edit this post when I have some results

Comment

Too new of a user I am unable to edit the last post.
        I have set the mode in devfs.rules to 777
        and chmod 777 /dev/ttyU* both in the system and the jails. hoping this will remove any permission issues

I might just have to go back to my RPI, Jails and hardware access are very finicky from what I have read.

Comment

Working...
        X