This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hidden Door Sensor Battery Level and others

I have just installed 5 Insteon Hidden Door Sensors. I noticed that while the door sensors worked flawlessly, HS show,4 of the 5 channels "Off" and no indication where to turn them on. How do I turn on the additional channels such as Battery Level.

the heartbeat should update the other channels periodically. if you aren't getting the heartbeat, make sure the device is linked to the interface (plm, or hub)
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I believe they are linked to the PLM correctly. Below are screen shots of the Insteon properties for two of the sensors. The second with a send battery lever every 10 heartbeats provides a battery level. That is obvious and I will make an adjustment to the four that has "0" for that value. However, in all 5 cases the 4 channels other than the Open/Closed status indicate "Off" for each of the Sensors. Any idea what is going on.

Comment

device #2 only goes on/off if you change the device option (so typically you can hide this device). the heartbeat only goes on for a second when the heartbeat is received (see last updated date) otherwise its off. the battery level should display a value. and the low battery device is unreliable
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X