X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error downloading package hspi_insteon.exe

I'm running HS3 Pro (details below).
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows)
    HomeSeer: Is Registered
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
    OS Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0
    Within the HS3 GUI, when I navigate to Plug-Ins/Manage/Lighting & Primary Technology and select Insteon Plug-in v 3.0.7.1 and then select "download and install" I get an error saving the file. The errors also register in the log as follows:
    Mar-29 12:26:05 PM Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
    Mar-29 12:26:05 PM Updater Error downloading package hspi_insteon.exe:The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
    Mar-29 12:26:02 PM Updater Downloading update: Insteon
    Mar-29 12:26:02 PM Updater Starting download of updates
    I am trying to install the plugin so that I can use a PowerLinc Modem (#2413U) to control several Insteon light switches. Any ideas why I am getting this error and what the workaround us?

Also running on the network are UPB devices. As a second issue/topic; are there any issues running Insteon and UPB devices on the same network?

Thanks, Jason.

Hello, and welcome to the Insteon forum

I wander if the Updater is having issues. Can you try the insteon beta version just as a download/install test? Look in the Beta section at the bottom of the updater
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark, tried that and received the same error. I copied the log below.
      Mar-29 9:33:59 PM Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
      Mar-29 9:33:59 PM Updater Error downloading package HSPI_Insteon.exe:The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
      Mar-29 9:33:47 PM Updater Downloading update: Insteon
      Mar-29 9:33:47 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

would you mind sending this Updater error to HST and see what they say? I haven't changed anything on the prod release updater files; it should work
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hello, I'm having a similar problem with zwave plugin. I tried to update the plugin and I'm getting the same error message:
          Error saving the downloaded file: error
          with the following error at the top of the package list pane:
          ERROR: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

And from the log:
          Sep-13 17:32:10 Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
          Sep-13 17:32:10 Updater Error downloading package HSPI_ZWave.exe:The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

I tried another plugin and got the same error.

Current Date/Time: 9/13/2020 5:32:37 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Work Station
          System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 19 Minutes 27 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.0.106
          Number of Devices: 212
          Number of Events: 141
          Available Threads: 200
          HSTouch Enabled: True
          Event Threads: 0
          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
          Device Exec Queue: 0
          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
          Email Send Queue: 0
          Anti Virus Installed:
          In Virtual Machine: No MFG: phoenixaward
          Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.11.0: BLAB8SS
          2.0.48.0: BLDSC
          1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
          3.0.3.13: Insteon
          3.0.0.14: RCSStat

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
            Hello, I'm having a similar problem with zwave plugin. I tried to update the plugin and I'm getting the same error message:
            Error saving the downloaded file: error
            with the following error at the top of the package list pane:
            ERROR: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

And from the log:
            Sep-13 17:32:10 Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
            Sep-13 17:32:10 Updater Error downloading package HSPI_ZWave.exe:The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

I tried another plugin and got the same error.
            you will need to contact homeseer support with issues related to the Updater
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks, I created a ticket.

Comment

Working...
              X