This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer "high power usage" from plug in

I am running my Homeseer software on server hardware with Windows 10. Every now and then the fans on the server kick in to high mode and sounds like a jet taking off. When I look at Task Manager I always find the Insteon plug in showing high power usage. If I shut down Homeseer the fans ramp back down. I start Homeseer back up and everything is fine for awhile until the same process happens. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Thanks
    Dan

are you running any insteon actions or events when this occurs? can you coorelate it to what is happening in the log? maybe enable detailed logging in the plugin
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have two schedules to turn lights on and off in the morning and evening but that is it. I will enable the detailed logging to see if this provides any info.

Comment

do you use the device polling feature within the plugin?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I do not have the box checked to disable polling. Should I try disabling it?
          Thanks

Comment

do you have non-zero values set as the "Pol Inv." for your devices? if so, what are they.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

does this correlate to high CPU utilization?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X