X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony and Insteon Plug-in

Hey Mark,

Wanted to see if you had a better way to do this.

What I'm trying to accomplish: My Harmony remote controls A,B,C,D keypad buttons, and adjusts the scene using the groups I created in Homeseer. This works fine when manually pushing keypad.

What happens: Harmony remote turns the keypad button on, but does not turn the group on. I know I could create a bunch of custom events with processacks but wanted to see if there was a cleaner way to do this.

thoughts?

have you tried creating a group that uses the keypad button as the controller. this should link the btn to the group
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

This is how I've had it set up

Comment

if you control button a from the hs ui, does everything work as expected?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yup, its slow to turn the group on but worked

Comment

so what is the connection between the harmony remote and homeseer? i need to understand what type of transaction is sent to hs to control btn A
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think that the Harmony hub communicates directly with the Insteon hub to control the switches. I don't think that HS is involved, other than whatever your PI is able to see of the communication between the Insteon hub and the switch.

Comment

Ah, well the plugin doesn't pick up any responses or commands sent directly to the hub via the web. so this may not work at all.

the only thing i can suggest is to enable the Process ACKs option on the Advanced tab and test.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Where is the advanced tab? I added ProcessACks in the Insteon config file, didn't know you can do it through the GUI.

Also do the groups in your plug-in define links in the devices, in other words if homeseer is down do they still work?

Comment

you might need to upgrade to latest beta to get the Advanced tab
                    groups do create links in the devices, so they work even when hs is down.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Another followup to this, can Button A control the load on same keypad (6 button)? I'm not having luck doing this even when programming a group?

Comment

Originally posted by dhogan View Post
                        Another followup to this, can Button A control the load on same keypad (6 button)? I'm not having luck doing this even when programming a group?
                        you will need to do this manually. see the kpl manual for grouping the A button and the On/Load button.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark for all the support, got it working the way I intended. I couldn't get Process ACKs to work correctly, so I ended up standing up habridge for a middle tier - Harmony talks to habridge and habridge talks to Homeseer so now I'm in good shape.

Comment

thanks for reporting back your solution
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X