• Show
Clear All

• mnsandler
    replied
    thanks for reporting back your solution

Leave a comment:

• dhogan
    replied
    Thanks Mark for all the support, got it working the way I intended. I couldn't get Process ACKs to work correctly, so I ended up standing up habridge for a middle tier - Harmony talks to habridge and habridge talks to Homeseer so now I'm in good shape.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Originally posted by dhogan View Post
    Another followup to this, can Button A control the load on same keypad (6 button)? I'm not having luck doing this even when programming a group?
    you will need to do this manually. see the kpl manual for grouping the A button and the On/Load button.

Leave a comment:

• dhogan
    replied
    Another followup to this, can Button A control the load on same keypad (6 button)? I'm not having luck doing this even when programming a group?

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    you might need to upgrade to latest beta to get the Advanced tab
    groups do create links in the devices, so they work even when hs is down.

Leave a comment:

• dhogan
    replied
    Where is the advanced tab? I added ProcessACks in the Insteon config file, didn't know you can do it through the GUI.

Also do the groups in your plug-in define links in the devices, in other words if homeseer is down do they still work?

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    Ah, well the plugin doesn't pick up any responses or commands sent directly to the hub via the web. so this may not work at all.

the only thing i can suggest is to enable the Process ACKs option on the Advanced tab and test.

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    I think that the Harmony hub communicates directly with the Insteon hub to control the switches. I don't think that HS is involved, other than whatever your PI is able to see of the communication between the Insteon hub and the switch.

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    so what is the connection between the harmony remote and homeseer? i need to understand what type of transaction is sent to hs to control btn A

Leave a comment:

• dhogan
    replied
    Yup, its slow to turn the group on but worked

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    if you control button a from the hs ui, does everything work as expected?

Leave a comment:

• dhogan
    replied
    This is how I've had it set up

Leave a comment:

• mnsandler
    replied
    have you tried creating a group that uses the keypad button as the controller. this should link the btn to the group

Leave a comment:

• dhogan
    started a topic Harmony and Insteon Plug-in

Harmony and Insteon Plug-in

Hey Mark,

Wanted to see if you had a better way to do this.

What I'm trying to accomplish: My Harmony remote controls A,B,C,D keypad buttons, and adjusts the scene using the groups I created in Homeseer. This works fine when manually pushing keypad.

What happens: Harmony remote turns the keypad button on, but does not turn the group on. I know I could create a bunch of custom events with processacks but wanted to see if there was a cleaner way to do this.

thoughts?

Working...
X